Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Silent Lucidity - My first attempt at karaoke

This is the first time I went out into public to sing after rehabbing my vocals. 4 months before I was physically incapable of singing as a result of a long term illness. The vocal coach I hired did a great job of slowly working on my vocal cords to bring back my ability to sing once again (something my doctors told me probably wouldn't work) and to actually help me to obtain more vocal power and control than I had even before becoming ill. Unfortunately, he moved away not long after this recording and I've been on my own since.

Sorry, the quality of this video isn't great. I just set my phone on the table for me to be able to listen to after the fact. I never intended on others hearing it, but now that I'm here, it will be interesting to reference back to this after working the course for a while. I still haven't started any lessons yet, still downloading!

Anyways, hope you enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmkZMxV_AA

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hey mate! It was fairly muffled so I mainly tried to listen for pitch and I think you have a solid base to start the course with and the vowel mods and exercises will see you improve very quickly. Awesome that you are able to bounce back vocally (and I hope in all other respects as well) after your illness.
  • SlaySomethingSlaySomething 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    @Wigs thank you for taking a listen. I'll probably make another recording of myself soon as a new baseline before I get too involved with the course. If I do a recording with the intent of others to see/hear I can make something much more presentable. Thanks again!

Louis
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You sound really good, but I can barely hear you through the din of whatever is going on in that room. There are places where you get off pitch for a moment, but as a whole, your singing voice is decent.
  • SlaySomethingSlaySomething 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    @highmtn thanks! I've actually done a lot more work since that recording, I just haven't actually recorded myself since then. Unfortunately, due to the pneumonia stuff I mentioned in my other post, I won't be recording anything until I get through this. Hopefully next week I'll be able to do a "where I'm at now" recording.