Home Vocal Health and Wellness

How is it that tenors are able to sing along when the baritone chooses a low key?

It often happens that a man (maybe baritone) starts singing eg Happy birthday and the rest just start singing along. How is it that tenors are able to sing along when the baritone chooses a low key? I as a tenor dont like singing with baritones since they choose too low keys. Nobody ever told me singing along with baritones could be that hard.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Sing in harmony with them at a comfortable key, or alternately chose to sing one octave higher. Either way you will be more comfortable singing with them and will sound as though you are singing with them as opposed to against them.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @ingenting I would like to add to this answer:

@HuduVudu , I don't mean to be nitpicking your answer, it is clear what you are saying (to me) but it is a bit off in one regard, and it might confuse some people a little bit, so here it goes:

if you sing in harmony, you are actually in the same key as the original, you are just singing other intervals (like, say, the lead voice sings the root note and the harmony sings an interval, like say a 3rd or 5th). I hope I am making sense