Home Vocal Health and Wellness

How do we keep our voices healthy?

Soul_MateSoul_Mate 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 47
edited March 2019 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hi! My question is that how can i keep my voice healthy? becuase now i work at a call center so i have to talk a lot. I'm afraid that i can damage my voice because sometimes i feel my throat sore and singing is really important to me, so i want to have my voice as healthy and safe as i can. Any advice?

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Too much air over the chords is what destroys your voice. Learn to speak using diaphragmatic support. This will cut down the air that is being pushed over your chords.
  • Soul_MateSoul_Mate 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 47
    Ok gotcha and maybe i speak too fast, i will speak with diaphragmatic support from now on. Thanks i'm planning on upload a demo it is really hard for me do it but if i keep waiting i will keep waiting for the rest of my life so i better start now
    Many here lament on how long it took them to be serious. There is no time like the present. :)
    I'm 19 and i'm planning in being a profesional singer, i will buy kens course. Right now i'm practicing with his free videos. Just one more question, i use the daily vocal exercises and the 3 vocal range videos because honestly i dont know what else to practice right now so i want to know how much time should i practice a day, that would help me out a lot
    You should be practicing an hour a day six days a week. If you would like to practice more that is good, just make sure that you don't get hoarse at all. If you do, back off of how much you are practicing. Also make sure that you take at least a day a week off.

This is perfect for you because you can get into the the good habit of practicing so when you get the course you will be ready. :)
    Ok thanks! i will begin to practice regularly today