Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

What causes this kind of singing?

I see matt shadows singing like an opera singer vibrating while yelling I dont really know what it means. Is this something to do with talent or a strong diaphragm. I would really like to vibrate with such loud voice
What should I do for that?

Comments

• meralmeral Volume 1 Posts: 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXhMS3zsHc
    0:16 where the screaming part ends he says ''yeah its a total nightmare'' thats what I am talking about
    How can someone sound so loud
    I have been doing my exercises yet I can only sing like a whiny annoying kid
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Hey meral,

He is belting in chest voice and adding vibrato. Vibrato is the final release valve after a well placed tone proper vowel mod. The cord is even more relaxed allowing oscillation between 2 tones very quickly. It takes a lot ofsupport to maintain a healthy belt tone. You have to start out lighter( but not breathy) and build up the muscles and stamina. You are in the right place to learn how to do it.
  • meralmeral Volume 1 Posts: 5
    Doing this with my own voice is my biggest dream of all... I dont know if I am capable of it but I am sure I'll do anything to get closer to this kind of stong loud vibrato voice
    thanks for your reply :)
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Oh you're capable if you devote the time and energy needed to do it. How long has Matt Shadow been singing? It takes time patience and commitment. Put the time in and enjoy the reward. All the best.