Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Foo Fighters - Walk **Wipes Sweat off Brow**

Hey KTVA fam,

This one was so intense, I was sweating profusely when I was done singing this. I'm sure I'm hitting the distortion too hard, but hot dang was it fun. Also, progress report. I tried messing with this song before and while doing distortion probably about a year ago I couldn't even get through this song. Now I got through the whole thing and am doing a lengthy and quiet cooldown, can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see if my voice is still clean without any mucous built up in the throat from scratching.

Answers

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Mwight,

pretty good job, mate. Solid pitch besides some small spots here and there. And yes, I would be interested too if your voice is clean and versatile as normal. It sound a little bit strained when you used the distortion. But your were pretty good on rolling in and out the distorted tone. And you came back to a very clean sound nearly seemless.

I would have been tired, too. :smile:

Please tell us how it went today morning.

Doc
  • MwightMwight Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    Did it! I woke up this morning and noticed a little shakiness in my voice. I hydrated, took my time warming up and I can still hit an A5 after doing this last night!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Michael,

good to read. So you seem to be on the right track.

Doc
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Yeah this was pretty cool! I haven’t really messed with distortion yet, it did sound like you were hitting it hard. Good thing though that you woke feeling ok so fingers crossed you are doing it safely!
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    edited April 2019
    Awesome tone.
    Your distortion is very cool.
    Great job man!
  • MwightMwight Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    @Wigs @Claude77

Thanks you two I really appreciate the comments. I had a lot of fun going nuts on this. And you can bet I didn't touch anything distortion the day after. Think I'm going to give it a day or two before I hit it again, and a bit lighter than what I did here, but hot dang it got my blood pumping right!