Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Getting Tired While Singing

So I have really been working on breath support and breathing/singing from the diaphragm. I have noticed that I am no longer getting tired in my throat but instead am getting tired around my stomach and core. Is that bad?

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I had the same issue to begin with. The use of new muscles could be a factor until they gain strength and stamina. Another cause to be careful of is unnecessary stomach tension. you don't need to over tighten your abs to get correct support, its all about the diaphragm.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Yes, ONIC, this is an extreme sport. When I began to use diaphragmatic support I was drowned in sweat when I came from my Volume 1 exercises.

Doc
  • endrits079endrits079 Member Posts: 32
    me too when I started breathing my stomach would get tired and I wouldnt be even able to breath properly anymore but as you exercise it will grow stronger
  • GaryDrummGaryDrumm 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    I sweat like crazy and am usually exhausted after a performance. I think this is because I put my body through a pretty serious work out when I’m in stage. But, as with any work out. You only get stronger over time. Keep rockin’!