Home Psychology of Singing

How to practice without annoy your roommates?

okay I need help..it may sound stupid to you guys,but I think it's a big problem(at least for me)..im currently living in a college and I have 2 roommate living with me..the problem is I want to practice but im afraid that I will annoy my roommate..what should I do?? I felt so down and unmotivated right now..

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    @mey_luqman98 do you think you will annoy them or did they already say? I would talk to them and check if it actually annoys them. then go from there. it is a bit embarrassing to sing in front of people for most, so it might be that you are more worried than them. it is maybe not the most entertaining sound for them either but maybe you can arrange this. if it helps, I do the warmups before band practice, and in the beginning I thought it was a bit embarrassing to do it in front of people (even if it is the same people who hear me sing on a regular basis), but I got used to it after a while and now it is kind of a running gag
  • mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    first of all yes..they haven't said anything yet..it just that im afraid I will annoy them..

second, me and my roommate is not in a good condition(we're not close)..so it might be weird and awkward to do a practice in front people who just considered us an acquantaince..

but anyway I will try to do the practice first and check if it annoy them..
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    if you talk to them and make sure they know you want to avoid annoying them, that will be a good start. good luck!
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I do allot of mine while I am driving to and from work, that way it eases the strain on my family LOL
    but seriously, they now only mildly mock me as I head down to the basement studio :wink::smile: