Homeβ€Ί Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Any hope for an older singer?

Just wanting your opinion on whether i am trainable or not! I have been a musician for a while, but only started singing as a solo artist in restaurants and pubs 10 months ago, at the tender age of 59! I don't rate my singing as great, and get away with a lot of sins by disguising the vocals with tone and effects when singing live! I'm not sure if my voice is trainable at my age? (Talk about a late bloomer! lol) Anyway, let me know. I have put up some tracks on reverbnation, my best in my humble opinion being my own original, "wakeup"....the covers aren't that great 😞
https://www.reverbnation.com/leevee/songs

Best Answers

Answers

• leeveeleevee Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Klaus and Shane - you guys answered my question and confirmed that my doubts about me progressing at my age were silly - age is not a factor - yes, i have to work harder at it than than younger guys, but i know i can do it, and "make music the last thing i will ever do!"
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @leevee ,

I am Marco and I am 48 years old. I will turn 49 in July. I started Singing 9 months ago.

I listened also to "Wakeup" - very, veeeeery cool vibe. Good pitch, very good musical feeling. Hey, man, you definitely will grow if you work on your voice. Klaus found nice words:

as long as you are alive, you are still trainable ;)

A very warm Welcome form Germany,
    Doc
    thanks Marco :-)
  • wilfwilf Member Posts: 3
    The answers yes. I'm 63 and have been singing in choirs off and on for 8yrs. Keep with Ken's training and you will continue to improve.
  • EmanueleEmanuele 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    edited November 2020
    Hey,

hello from Italy!

Please let me share a wonderful quote from the book "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron.

-Do you know how old I will be when I will have learned ...? [put the skill you would like to learn].

Answer: the same age you will be if you do not start.

Hope it helps :wink:
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Ahoy @leevee !
    Your voice sounds pretty good to start with, so this training will only enhance what you have and keep your voice healthy and strong going forward. :+1:
    Thanks guys - i appreciate the kind words and encouragement. :-)