Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

In Dreams - First newbie video for feedback please

Hi folks. I’ve been learning from Ken’s YouTube videos for a few months. This attempt is a train wreck really but highlights where I’m struggling. Any areas/techniques to focus on as a priority would be very helpful. Kind Regards, Chris.

https://youtu.be/Cg0Ra-Icq3c

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Your chest voice sounds really nice, but you had a couple small pitch issues from what seems to be lack of overall strength in your voice. This in combination with improper vowel modifications makes pitch issues inevitable.

Your head voice however needs some real work. Your high mix/head struggles because your pure head can't support the mix you are trying to achieve for the song. Because of your lack of strength in this area you are having a lot of intonation trouble here.

A solid practice regimen will definitely benefit you and will build strength into your voice. If you can do an hour a day of focused practice you will get you to the place you want to be. Be warned though men struggle with their head voice and it will take some serious time and effort on your part to build your head voice to even just something usable.

Hope that helps :)
  • Chris1975Chris1975 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for your prompt and helpful response. For a number of years I’ve been pulling chest voice and only recently started to try and build head voice. I’m grateful for your time and guidance. 🙂