Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from Sweden!

david1552david1552 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 74
Hi Everybody!

My name is David and i'm 38 years old from Stockholm, Sweden. I have been playing guitar for almost 22 years and have been "trying" to sing since I was about 14. I grew up listening to bands like: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Kiss etc. 

My singing was a sad chapter as I never learned how to sing correctly, and as time went by I learned to accept my limitations with my voice. I tried a couple of singing courses but lost interest as they never could explain how it actually works and none of them could sing properly :)

So one week ago I begun to search if there wasn't any "online" singing course out there, and after seeing Brett Mannings Singing Success I stumpled upon Ken the Amazing Voice Tamplin and was just blown away and bought the 1-2-3 Volume directly :D 
I have been doing the first volume for a week and the difference is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait to see what will happen in 3-4 months if I can keep this up and practice everyday!

If I had to name one Artist/Singer that I would like to be able to sing like I'd have to say Paul McCartney :)

As I just started the "How To Sing Better Than Anyone Else" course I did some singing and put it out on Soundcloud it's an cover of Bad Day by Daniel Powter.

I'm looking forward to hear from you all!

//David

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, David!

Good to have you here.  Your demo sounds pretty good.  Yes, your voice will grow and grow if you apply yourself diligently to Ken's exercises. You have a decent starting place from which to build your future voice. 

Ken is showing you how to sing correctly, and over time your voice will grow in many ways if you do as he instructs. 

This course keeps on giving over time as you continue with it.  You will be doing these exercises the rest of your singing life, and your voice will continue to grow as long as you pursue this method.

Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself!

Bob

• david1552david1552 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 74
    Thanks Bob!

I have a question regarding support, is the HAHAHA exercise that Ken shows briefly in the beginning of Volume 1 supposed to be done like the audio scale exercises? From what I understand the audio exercise is just to get you started like a warm up?! I really need to work on my support and would like to know what I can do.

//David

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@david1552,

The haha exercises will build the muscles that need to be buff in order to sustain your support.  Yes, do them up and down the scales.  They will make you feel worn out, but you will build strength in the places where you need it as these muscles grow.  The haha's will help with stamina and strength.

The more support we have, the less physical demands are forced upon the glottis itself.

To actually support, you will need to learn about all of the many strategies that can be utilized to counteract the tendency to exhale all of your breath at once.  Ken's Webinars on Support and also Glottal Compression have a lot of detailed information in this area. 

After you learn about these strategies, you gradually work them into your regular way that you sing, until they become second nature.  This takes time, but is well worth the time and effort.

Bob

@highmtn,

Many thanks for your answer Bob! I will start right away to laugh :)

I haven't been this excited about singing since I learned to play the guitar and sing at the same time :)
    1 Week ago I'd have to fight really hard to be able to sing songs like Bad Day and after that my throat would be totally exhausted, so the difference is absolutely amazing!

//David
  • sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Hey David
    Great to have you here. You have a nice bright tone to your voice. A great place to start. All the best on your journey.
    @sspatrick

Scott, thanks for taking the time to listen to my "1 week into KTVA demo" and thank you for the encouraging words! It sure is exciting times ahead :)

//David