Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from Texas!

raloysiusraloysius 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to introduce myself - my name is Reuben, I'm a 37 yo male, living in Texas. I've been on/off karaoke/bathroom singing for several years, but I was recently promoted to lead singer of my band. We're a progressive rock band called Ghost Communion. I've never sung professionally, so the thought is a little daunting to say the least, but I'm hopeful that I can attempt to crack the code through steady and consistent use of Ken's program.

I only recently purchased Ken's vocal academy lessons after a recommendation from someone and watching several of his videos on YouTube. I actually tried another vocal program for about two weeks prior to Ken's, but that one didn't seem to be a good fit for me. I'm almost through with Ken's lessons on Volume 1 and I feel like I'm already learning so many things that I never knew about, so I'm super excited about diving in to the next volumes.

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you, and hopefully we can all improve together. If you would like to give my vocals a listen, I am also on Smule as NurseReubs.

Cheers!

-Reuben

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    That's a cool introduction, Reuben!

If you follow the directions that Ken gives you and the information you can get here on the forums with your PRO Student access, you will find the life-saving methods that will make all the difference in your live performances!

It does take time, but it does work, and if you are a good fit for KTVA and Pro Singing, you will be amazed with the growth you get from your voice!

I'm excited for you!

Bob!
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    If you are ever in Houston let me know I will come out and watch you guys :)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate and congrats on your promotion🙂 I’ve never tried any other course, this one is doing wonders for me! I’ve been diligently doing it since last October and I’m loving the results. 1 word of caution, the more time you take with each volume the better you will set yourself up for success. There are big gains to be made with staying on volume 1 for even 6 months! I’m sure I’ll hear you around 👍🏽
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @raloysiusraloysius welcome and congratulations for your promotion, you came to the right place, you´ll learn a lot in KTVA its the best program!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Welcome mate, @raloysius,

a very warm Welcome from Germany. I am Marco, 48 years old. You will see your voice growing with this course massively. Good to have you with us.

Doc
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @raloysius Welcome! Good to have you here and can't wait to hear how your voice unlocks over time. These forums are invaluable for feedback and just generally a fun place to hang out!
  • sagemacgsagemacg 2.0 PRO Posts: 240
    @raloysius Welcome! I’m sure you’ll get bitten by the bug :) Good to have you!
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Hi, @raloysius Welcome from Florida!
  • raloysiusraloysius 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! My apologies for my late response! Thank you all so much for the very kind welcome!! It’s great to hear everyone have such positive feedback from going through the course!

Quick update on me - I have been shuttling back and forth between volumes 1 and 2 over the past 3 weeks and a few folks have already started to say that my singing is sounding better than it used to. Sections of our songs that used to be really challenging have gotten easier and I’m slowly starting to develop some vibrato, which has been something I’ve been trying to do for years. Could not be happier! I’m hoping these gains and breakthroughs keep coming!

Cheers y’all! @HuduVudu we’d love to play in Houston sometime! Keepin’ our fingers crossed on that!
  • raloysiusraloysius 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Also, just to throw it in, here’s a sample of my current singing ability. Feedback would be most appreciated. Please listen with headphones on -

https://www.smule.com/p/1852422531_2956230599
  • maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Hi, welcome from Holland, I'm Maxim 45 years old. Wow this sounds very good already, you will develop like mad I think. Greetings.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    @raloysius hi I would say by the way you sing you like the band Tool? maybe? you are in a very good starting point for the course, by the way you sound, you have a very descent pitch and tone, this course is gonna get you very consistent on your singing, more even between phrases and great pitch, and great tone, you are gonna feel it very soon!
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    edited May 2019
    @raloysius I like your voice! You sound pretty good already! Your voice is going to grow so much here. Have you ever sang any Deftones or Chevelle? I think your voice matches pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvknOXGPzCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpyRI1j9t6c