Home Off Topic

OSU is a great game that might help with your timing.

HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
Hey guys and gals,
I have played this game as a part of my desire to improve my aiming in First Person Shooter games. I have recently picked it up back and started playing it because it also seems to help me a ton in my timing and rhythm. The game is free so that is always a bonus. :)

Here is some game play to show how it works.

You can download it here.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Okay, that's interesting. Maybe I should give it a try.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Reminds me of some of the rhythm based games my wife likes to play, those games can be very fun. I also loved guitar hero when i was younger, even when i played real guitar myself.

Are you into the competitive scene? @HuduVudu
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @bentk not even close. I play OverWatch and was trying to improve my aim. There was some back and forth on the interwebz as to whether OSU was helpful for that. I finally came to the conclusion it is, and loaded it back on my computer. When I started playing I noticed all of the issues I have with timing in music popped back up. I have a tendency to rush the rhythm, so this seemed like a great way to work on those issues, and as I do it more and more, I find I get more and more comfortable with the rhythmic changes and the other things that happen in songs. Plus with the added bonus of pushing the mouse button at the right time which REALLY helps with aim. :)
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Cool man, even cooler that it works. I mainly play on consoles, and overwatch is a different story then. Don't have the speed and precision of a mouse! I still like to play it with a friend though, a fun game!

If you play an instrument, it's a good idea to play along with songs and also a metronome. It will help eventually!
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    edited May 2019
    I'm also a drummer and I think that really helped with my timings. I started with the Rock Band Game lol. Any sort of music game like this I think will help with your timings. As far as aiming in video games the thing that helped me the most was turning off mouse acceleration (if you haven't already).