Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

What kind of voice is it (Chest, head, mixed)? Tame Impala

BestiarioBestiario Posts: 22.0 PRO
Hello everyone,
I was trying to sing the song It feels like we are going backwards, but I came with a problem, I dont know HOW he is singing this. At first hand it sounds like a straight forward falsetto but then if you pay attention it seems that he is actually singing some sort of mixed voice or even a weak chest one. When I sing it in falsetto the texture is way different.
What do you think about it?

Best Answer

Answers

• VictorPatoVictorPato Posts: 652.0 PRO
    @Bestiario
    Hi from what I can tell the chorus/start in a heady reinforced falsetto ( you have to do the volume 4 to get it to sound that strong and bright and related to your chest ).
    During the verses it seems lower and in a lower mixed voice ( does not seem too chesty or belted but the chest resonant sound is definitely there ) or just chest. I’m not quite sure you’re going to have to ask others.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,705Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @Bestiario,

I listened to the song and come to the same conclusion as @VictorPato. But it is not so easy to tell.

Doc