Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

ONE WORD PHRASING (3 NOTES) E.G. HOTEL CALI

Hey Gang!.The words Hell, Air ,Nine,and Before,all happenin during the E chord in the verses use the 3 notes of E-D-B to trill down with the beat structure varying and resloving slightlydifferent on each word. Just wondering how you guys handle/approach singin one word, that has to have 3 different pitches happening very quickly during 1 -2 beats. Im currently using Kens (compressed/ stored air) method.(cant remember the exact TECHNIQUE name?). Its "kinda" working but looking for more exp.members to weigh in.Im doing it in Am(C) and that seems to make it alittle harder for ME since its lower now.(Im 59..and just cannot do it in D(Bm)....LOL..Thanks!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @THEKIDD,

I would like to help you. Can you please post a video to show us where you are at the moment? - This would help to give you better advice.

Doc
  • THEKIDDTHEKIDD Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply! Im still runnin XP for audio and currently set up to get these gtr tracks done by THUR.I cant touch any knob on the board till Im done.LOL At this poinjt,Im just kinda 'blurring" those 3 notes together, not really getting the 3 pitch seperation.I need. Ill see if this really old webcam will work in this machine.
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    edited June 2019
    @THEKIDD If you have a cell phone, tablet, or digital camera, most of those record video too. Cell phone and tablet can make it easy to upload to YouTube to post the video quickly.