Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Singing popular songs vs my own

Roger84Roger84 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
Hi Ken, names Roger, im already on your email list. However i just want to know something.

When i sing along with a song most of the time i can sing along in key if its in my CURRENT range. However i get to singing my own songs and i cant seem to keep the same pitch for each time i try to sing it.. ie some times im in the tenor range, others the baritone/bass range ie johnny cash deep.
Other times i growl or rasp.. what gives.. i can do "the calling" if i could on point and it sounds great.. or the really old tune "Gold" on point.. singing my own songs is becoming frustrating.. im limited by my musical capabilities. ie guitar keys.. i realise i have alot to learn. My singing tutor says i think too much.. meh. Its my calling.. i know so i wanna understand it ALL right now. :/. Sorry for the rambling.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Roger84,

you should start to develop your voice by serious training. You need a well-thought course to do so. This is what Ken teaches us on KTVA.

Think about it or try to grow your voice with the free videos Ken has on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2y9N5Sw8U

Doc
  • Roger84Roger84 2.0 PRO Posts: 12
    I have been, Ken was my first tutor by way of his videos.. i knew nothing about open throat or compression, now however its a process.. i will get there i know it.. ive never fallen in love like this, its so different to loving my children or thinking i love a woman, i dont care about failing, i only care about not giving up.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Roger84,

then you should really think about getting the course. If you are willing to go the path and are willing to practice regularly you will get there. I practice 1.5 hours at least 6 times a week. The course has material for years, believe me.

Doc