Home Welcome

How long does it take to complete volume one?

jake1622jake1622 Pro Posts: 4
I just bought the entire course, and have watched all of the volume 1 videos and started some of the exercises. If someone could tell me from experience, it would be appreciated.

Jake

Comments

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Hey Jake. You could spend at least 3-6 weeks on volume 1. Take your time review the videos do the audio workout at least 5 days a week. Volume 1 is the FOUNDATION. Volume 2-3 build on the basics that you need to develop in volume 1. All the best!
  • jake1622jake1622 Pro Posts: 4
    Shall I do all of the audio workouts every day?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Yes, Five to Six days per week.  You need the 6 weeks to build your musculature up, even if you feel you are doing the exercises OK.  You need to be building stamina and other skills.  Pay very close attention to the instructions in the videos, and make sure you are doing everything exactly as Ken instructs.

As Scott says, you're building the foundation for your voice.  Make sure the concrete has time to properly cure before you start putting a load on it!

Do your workouts and build your strength.  You're going to need it!

And Welcome to KTVA!

Bob

• GeorgeMGeorgeM Enrolled Posts: 54
    Yes jake 1622. YOU have to do it everyday. 
    Although sometimes i can't do it everyday, but when i have time and no one is at home i'm doing it 3 times. Do u guys think it's okay?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Yes, gigilpx1,

You can double-up or triple-up, as long as you don't blow out your cords from overdoing it.  If your voice gets a little tired, take a break or lighten up the sound a little.

Bob

• jake1622jake1622 Pro Posts: 4
    How long does it take to see results?
  • NigelNigel Administrator Posts: 138
    Hi Jake,

There are two "secrets" to this entire course:
    1. Don't give yourself a time limit - this course will last you forever.  Literally.
    2. Get out of your head
    Like Ken says, every voice is unique, it is literally like a fingerprint - and so you have to work with your own voice at your own pace.  You will have your own "aha moments" when you least expect it.

Working the program every day and building your own routine is a good place to start,  it's like joining a gym and working out, after a while you will settle into your own game, get out of your head and "just do it".

Please let all of us know how you progress and don't forget we are all here to help.

Nigel is quite correct.  All of Ken's students have begun a Lifetime Journey to Vocal growth and improvement.  Your development will continue for as long as you continue to sing and use Ken's methods.

KTVA is not an overnight, quickie, flash in the pan.  It is a blueprint for continued, long-term vocal benefits.  Some results will happen very quickly, but some will still be developing for years.

• VoxVox Member Posts: 11
    I'm confused, I've heard the passage mentioned several times in the forum about a lifetime journey, and whatnot, but I can't see how that is applicable to the questions that people are asking.

Hey Jake, Only KEN can answer that question for you, because although it took Ken his "lifetime" to achieve his status, he mentioned he was doing it all wrong at the start, then spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on developing his voice through training with the top trainers, etc..etc...
    So, it was a lifetime for him, but since he has done the research already and is selling his "methods" to be the best singer we could ever be with his program, then logically, all the years that he sung professionally and was singing wrong, and all the years he was researching and learning the methods he teaches today, are not applicable to the timeline which we will have to meet his level.
    So, if he sang wrong for 20 years, researched for 10 years, mastered his method for 5 years and started selling his product, then the correct answer would be " 5 years to reach Kens level with following his instruction to the T.

In essence for the overall picture, you get what you put into it.  Some people need to work on things more then others, so the timeline for them will be longer, so there are no "exact" measures on completion.

I would imagine (I do not have the product Jake, I am still researching it (between this one and another that is interesting to me), But I would imagine that when you find you have mastered the techniques he is teaching in the different program levels and it becomes non-challenging to you, then it's time to move to the next one...  Treat it like working out in the gym.  If you learn properly how to lift weights, and you work your way up to 50 pounds per arm, and it becomes simple (or you can go higher), then it's time to add weight -- in this case, move to the next level.

@sdcsdc. I believe what myself and other people are meaning by a lifetime journey is that just like any other skill you can always be learning. With this program how long it takes to see results is up to you. The information is there and the technique is tried and true. I've been doing the program for over a year and still have a lot to learn but I did notice improvement in the 1st week. There is always more to learn and master. Am I happy with my voice? Am I constantly getting better? Yes. All the best on your journey!
    edited February 2013

Ken still works out for at least an hour prior to teaching, in which he sings for hours more.  Ken is still continuing on his journey, and is still learning, discovering, and adding more to his lessons and methods.

You do get what you put into it, but everyone starts from a different point of reference, so the answers to many of the questions are relative to the current skills and experience of the asker.  That information is often not provided in sufficient detail to calculate a more exact timeframe.

At any rate, singing IS a lifetime journey.  For some, that journey may be cut short, when singing with poor technique ends a vocal career.  In Ken's case, and in many others' the quest continues, and new things are always around the corner when you continue to study, work out, and strive for improvement.

There are no exact, one number fits all answers to general questions about individual timelines.  Your mileage may vary.

Good singing to you!  And may your journey be long and enjoyable!

Bob

Does Ken teach How to sing on key, pitch on volume 2? because on volume 1  he doesnt talk about pitch. Pitch is so important and hard to learn so i'm gonna move on volume 2. 
    I believe he does talk about it in volume 2 I'd have to check my files. He also did a webinar on pitch not too long ago. There are a couple of exercises on the webinar that may help. One thing that will help pitch is maintaining the bright timbre to your voice. When we darken or cover the tone, the pitch can tend to be flat. You can also do the scales very slowly zoning in on each note to make sure your pitch is on. Record yourself and hear where your pitch may be drifting. Remember that no one is perfect and singing on pitch at all times there is slight room for error. Very slight:)
    ok thanks. and one more. how do i know if i'm tenor, hibery soprano etc? i guess i need to know that so i know where my  vowel mod. starts. i have a deep  and low man voice

@gigilpx1,

You can google this question and get a few different opinions. 

It's generally based on what note your passagio shifts from chest voice into head voice.

Can you tell us where that happens for you?

Thanks.

Bob