Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Green Day - Basket Case (Acapella) looking for feedback

Here's my first clip here. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. Also this is the only band I feel confident enough to post on here with.

https://clyp.it/3ixtrggt

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @JacobP welcome to forums, had a listen to your demo, good starting point compared to the original not too far away. Sounded little flat in places, look at Ken’s video tutorial on diaphragmatic support. This video is a great starting point even if you have looked at it before important to recap and do this correctly. Also have your demos with a backing track to check your pitch against the track.

https://youtu.be/Wv3T-xA28fE

Noticed your saving up to join the course a great move, this course is a great investment and you will find friendly help on the student part of the forums.

In the mean time look through Ken’s free tutorials videos on you tube, doing that now will help you prior to starting the course.

Vocality
  • JacobPJacobP Member Posts: 12
    @Vocality Thanks man. I did that version first rip so it's good to know that I was so close without too much issue. Here's a redo I just did remembering to support my sound and also with a back track. Hopefully it's better but I feel like I'm a bit more pitchy with this one. Probably due to not used to singing with support 100% of the time.

https://clyp.it/3oov3lqr
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    edited July 2019
    @Jacobp

Yes 2nd try sounded much better in terms of pitch, note you held at the end could have done with more support though.

Would love to see you start the course I was short on cash prior to starting the course but managed to get some money together, I have been doing the course for 8 months noticed many improvements. I does take time to build strength but you have a great starting point. Keep at the Ken's free videos and scales they will help you to improve further.

Student part of this forum is great support when you need it, plenty of parts of the forum with every aspect of singing covered. That part is free when you join.

Vocality
    :)
  • JacobPJacobP Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2019
    Vocality said:

@Jacobp

Yes 2nd try sounded much better in terms of pitch, note you held at the end could have done with more support though.

Would love to see you start the course I was short on cash prior to starting the course but managed to get some money together, I have been doing the course for 8 months noticed many improvements. I does take time to build strength but you have a great starting point. Keep at the Ken's free videos and scales they will help you to improve further.

Student part of this forum is great support when you need it, plenty of parts of the forum with every aspect of singing covered. That part is free when you join.

Vocality
    :)

@Vocality First things first. I moved away from the mic for an effect. I don't think it worked the way I wanted it. Also the mic is a condenser mic so IDK how that is going to effect that last note/effect.

Thanks for the comment as well, I want to start but it will be a while before I can get the money. Currently getting ready to move so yeah money a bit tight. I can't wait to start learning with the course to be honest, I've always loved singing and have had a passion for it but I didn't know where to start until after HS when I was taught choir. After that I was trying to research and experiment with a lot of stuff to see what sounds good and feels good. I think I'm in a good place but as I said can't wait till I get better.

Also what kind of styles would you like to hear me sing? I have been struggling to find a style to my voice and want to try out some different things.