Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

Is Behringer C1U a good microphone for home use?

Hello guys. I'm going to buy a cheap microphone. Now I'm using the Logitech one from Guitar Hero and materials recorded by this mic have a lot of noise. I think about buying Behringer C1U mic because it's cheap and has such a good opinions comparing to other mics in this price range. I can buy Behringer with solid holder and pop filter for about 30$ or Samson C01u pro with shock mount and pop filter for about 40$, both used. I don't have any gear so I will need to buy what will be missed. What should I do? Is there a big difference between this two?

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @ElGreco,

the Behringer mic a very affordable one and a steal for the price. But it is really a beginner microphone which has its limits. But you will be able to make decent vocal recordings with it.

Doc
  • ElGrecoElGreco Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2019

Hi @ElGreco,

the Behringer mic a very affordable one and a steal for the price. But it is really a beginner microphone which has its limits. But you will be able to make decent vocal recordings with it.

Doc

Hello, thanks for a reply Doc. What about Samson C01u? Have you been using this one? Are there some bigger difference between sounds of this two? Without hearing any of those mics I can just say that in Samson is direct monitoring, which surely is big advantage?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @ElGreco,

I have never used the Samson C01U. But direct monitoring is really a BIG advantage. If you can afford it it would be the better choice then. You need direct monitoring to hear yourself when recording without any latency. If your hardware is not very good you may have a lot of latency when recording which can be very distractive as a singer.

Doc