Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

total beginner at 61 years old

xiedofuxiedofu 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
hi... this is actually the second singing class i signed up for. The first one was terrible and i quickly learned that i would learn nothing there. SO... not one to give up that easily, i signed up for Ken Tamplin's class... Already things are looking better. Like this forum which actually has activity and is not totally focused on the instructor's ego....
Looking forward to finally learning how to sing.
Thanks all

Comments

• samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi, I've just started training myself good to be training, that's cool you've taken up singing in a lot of ways it's apparently good to start out with a blank canvas with your voice rather than having bad singing habits from singing untrained, and all the best\!
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Hey xiedofu! Welcome to the forums from the heart of Texas! :)

If you think there are a lot of posts on the forums just wait until you see the student area. :wink:
    Having the course let's you sign up for the student areas and you can check out how much more there really is.
    You can get the ball rolling by going here:
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Welcome xiedofu! Nice to have you. I'm Chris from USA, age 50. Lots to learn here and grow.

I love your avatar. Is that your pittie? :)
  • xiedofuxiedofu 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    edited August 2019
    samw2019 said:

Hi, I've just started training myself good to be training, that's cool you've taken up singing in a lot of ways it's apparently good to start out with a blank canvas with your voice rather than having bad singing habits from singing untrained, and all the best\!

Thank you, that's very encouraging! Yes, it's good to be training, and good to be involved with an active and positive group :)
    cwcw said:

Welcome xiedofu! Nice to have you. I'm Chris from USA, age 50. Lots to learn here and grow.

I love your avatar. Is that your pittie? :)

Thank you Chris,
    Yes, a little pitbull girl named 如意 ... it means "to be satisfied", "to find happiness", or "may your dreams come true"... pronounced roughly Zhui ... and she gives away free kisses to anyone who wants one...
    This photo represents her best Jack Nicholson impression
  • xiedofuxiedofu 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    HuduVudu said:

Hey xiedofu! Welcome to the forums from the heart of Texas! :)

If you think there are a lot of posts on the forums just wait until you see the student area. :wink:
    Having the course let's you sign up for the student areas and you can check out how much more there really is.
    You can get the ball rolling by going here:
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#

:) Thank you very much !!! I'm looking forward to coming here every day. I think a pleasant place to practice and learn will make it much easier, and much more motivating
    Big appreciations

• cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    @xiedofu - too cool. We have a pittie too. She's wonderful! I always tell people that she won't hurt them, but she might lick them to death. :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @xiedofu,

a warm Welcome also from Germany. I started singing at my 48th birthday 1 year+ ago. Good to have you here.

Doc