Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi

Hi,

My name is Maria, I want to be a professional singer.

I will be buying How to sing better than anyone else soon.

This recording is from a few months ago, I'd like to know what my strengths and weaknesses are.

Thank you so much 💜

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2165499596806874&id=1808756125814558&sfnsn=mo&s=100004977723529&w=y

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited August 2019
    @MariaV

You have strengths in your accurate pitch, good breath control, and being "in" the song.

I would encourage you to sing "tears" and "fears" the same way you are singing "years".

You sing Years as a single syllable, a single vowel. Tears you sing Te-yers and fears you sing Fee-yers. Try instead to sustain on the E vowel and then just close the note out on a quick, short r. Maximize vowels, minimize consonants. That makes singing more sonorous.

All the Best!

Bob
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Maria I would love to hear what you have sung, but there are us crazy ones out there that don't have Facebook. :wink:
  • Options
    MariaVMariaV Member Posts: 6
    HuduVudu said:

Maria I would love to hear what you have sung, but there are us crazy ones out there that don't have Facebook. :wink:

Sure, do you have instagram?

Or will only Youtube do?
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    I don't have Instagram :(

YouTube will work for me though. :)
  • Options
    Ok, this is a different song as it is the only one I have on YouTube at the moment 😁

https://youtu.be/_G_YAdCf5b8
  • Options
    highmtn said:

@MariaV

You have strengths in your accurate pitch, good breath control, and being "in" the song.

I would encourage you to sing "tears" and "fears" the same way you are singing "years".

You sing Years as a single syllable, a single vowel. Tears you sing Te-yers and fears you sing Fee-yers. Try instead to sustain on the E vowel and then just close the note out on a quick, short r. Maximize vowels, minimize consonants. That makes singing more sonorous.

All the Best!

Bob

Thanks Bob 😁
  • Options
    samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi, I've started training Ken's course not along ago and finding the training a challenge but I enjoy it and glad I bought it, I took my time deciding to buy it after watching his youtube videos on singing training. I listened to your youtube song that was great I thought, all the best.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @samw2019 yeah I am definitely buying the program as soon as possible

And thanks 😁
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @MariaV,

you are at a very good starting point. You should definitely consider to get the course. It will help you to grow your voice into a new dimension. Very nice rendition of Sarah's song. Kudos.

Doc
  • Options