Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Heavy Mix VS Light Mix

https://youtu.be/0-RSo1irrh8
This is the video of my friend singing she's gone in lower key than original. He can sing effortless until C5 but he can't go higher than that without strain his voice. Different with me, i can sing B4 and above very easy than A4 - Bb4 (except sing in scale). While sing in A4 - Bb4 i need to add extra power and weight to make the sound match with my lower register, if i do it lightly it's sound unstable and sometimes disconnected.

She's Gone in Original key (Cm) is easy than How Am I Supposed To Live Without You (before overtone).

Why it can be happen? while i think middle notes is more important than extreme high notes.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Your friend has poor support. While this is fine near his tessitura outside of this area it will cause a lot of issues and especially near the extreme upper end of his range. When he tries to pull the E5, he is chest pulling without support which is absolutely torching his vocal chords with air. I don't think that the correct way to pull this note safely would be a full chest pull but would be better if it was a mix. How much mix in which direction would be dependent on artistic considerations based mostly on tone. Your friend never enters anything of a head voice and is using all chest to accomplish the song. I do not know if this is his artistic choice or not but that is what is happening in this clip.

It sounds like from what you are saying that you have access to your head voice, but you struggle across your passagio. This is normal for untrained singers. Your range will be wider if you are using both your head voice and your chest voice than your friend he may only be using chest voice, but if you don't have good control across your passagio then your voice will be split and that will not be helpful for you. This will leave you with a giant hole in your range that if left uncorrected you will have to compensate for in music which would make singing songs that have you moving in out and out of your chest and head difficult.

I am trying to answer what I think the question you had was. It is a bit difficult because of the language barrier, but hopefully this answers what you are trying to ask.
  • fadelsawifadelsawi Member Posts: 35
    HuduVudu said:

Your friend has poor support. While this is fine near his tessitura outside of this area it will cause a lot of issues and especially near the extreme upper end of his range. When he tries to pull the E5, he is chest pulling without support which is absolutely torching his vocal chords with air. I don't think that the correct way to pull this note safely would be a full chest pull but would be better if it was a mix. How much mix in which direction would be dependent on artistic considerations based mostly on tone. Your friend never enters anything of a head voice and is using all chest to accomplish the song. I do not know if this is his artistic choice or not but that is what is happening in this clip.

It sounds like from what you are saying that you have access to your head voice, but you struggle across your passagio. This is normal for untrained singers. Your range will be wider if you are using both your head voice and your chest voice than your friend he may only be using chest voice, but if you don't have good control across your passagio then your voice will be split and that will not be helpful for you. This will leave you with a giant hole in your range that if left uncorrected you will have to compensate for in music which would make singing songs that have you moving in out and out of your chest and head difficult.

I am trying to answer what I think the question you had was. It is a bit difficult because of the language barrier, but hopefully this answers what you are trying to ask.

Thanks your answer is on point with my question

This is my recorded last night i lost my vocal cord clousre each time sing on "to you" and i force to sing in Bb4 with extra power to avoid crack