Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus Cover

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
@highmtn @doc_ramadani @HuduVudu @victortang @Vocality @Klaus_T @Sophia @Gaston_Jauregui @Furious_Phil @blondiewales @juanmarivley @Wigs @Michael4000 @LoneWolfRogue @iking @DevonMoore @cwcw @tinaalcorace @Ken Tamplin @Giraffy @Spyk @DogMeat @Moviefan2k4 @Claude77 @andrew_walker @Mysti @bentk @dvarovic

Entering metal territory here, seeing how it turns out, getting some versatility with the genres.
Tell me how it sounds. Thank you :)
I worked a while on the harmonies, but I think it worked out

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @diego Great to hear you do a metal song not at a song I know so had a listen to the original and the harmonies sound pretty accurate. Only thing that stood out you voice sounds brighter than the original but great cover anyhow metal is step up in level of singing and you applied really well with vocal fry.

Great job Diego

:)
    Vocality
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You sound like you are maturing your sound a bit now🙂 good use of vowel substitution for wings so you don't get caught on the high I. I haven't listened to the original and this is personal taste, just dial vibrato back a touch. Awesome job though man, keep it up👌🏼
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Diego,

cool that you make some steps into different genres.

This is a very, VERY decent recording. But for my ears, not your best. I am unsure what I should tell you. I leave it at: "Good job, man." - Did you ever try to work on some originals, Diego?

Doc
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    @Diego Great job! Did you sing the backing vocals too or find a track with some BGV's in it already? For me BGV's tend to mess me up since they are usually made to compliment the timbre of the original singer.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    I did the backing vocals, @Chris82 :)