Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

We Are the World (Collab Cover)

Rick_amateurRick_amateur 2.0 PRO Posts: 708
Hi everyone!

@blondiewales @Wigs @Mysti @DogMeat @cwcw @Diego @maximgottmer @doc_ramadani @Vocality @Klaus_T @highmtn and others (Hope I didn't miss anyone who participated).

For those who knew nothing of this collab, this was a mini project I suggested and I was fortunate to get almost a dozen people participating and contributing what they can for the success of it. The song is We Are the World which was a song released in 1985 for a charity group fighting against an African famine crisis. A lot of the messages of this song is still relevant now and, as singers, we felt this was a good song to sing to not only see how far we've come but also share some positive vibes. The singers here all have varied experiences in singing but we all love music equally.

This cover took a few months to put together but we finally have something to show for it. It was a lot of fun seeing it put together and most of the credit does go to @doc_ramadani who did bulk of the work. Of course, we mustn't forget the singers who put time and effort in making this possible. I do hope that we can have similar collabs in the future with new people joining us. Anyways, below is the finished cover. Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/zCCXMW83Bfg

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    And personally I want to tag: our supernice mate @bentk, our worker bee @Sophia, pizza service @Claude77, @sagemacg, @samw2019, @Raphael_Hussl, @ndangphuoc, @Maximus3000, @IraR,
  • Options
    Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    @doc_ramadani and all thanks you for always bringing me into this game.
    At the moment I still can't find time to follow you but, I promise, around the end of September I should be able to join you and partecipate to this funny game.

At the moment I always listen and follow your performaces.
    Claudio
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I had no idea you guys were doing this, very cool! Who mixed it? I really don't want to critique any of these collabs because that sounds so negative, lol. Even though it's all meant as positive feedback.

I think you all did a really nice job, especially on the harmonies. I look forward to the next collab!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2019
    Congratulations everyone :) great job everyone played their part and a big thanks to @Rick_amateur for coming up with the idea, producing the video and @doc_ramadani for arranging and mixing such a complex project.

Kudos to all

Band Aid next!!!

Vocality :)
  • Options
    SinaSina 2.0 PRO Posts: 67
    I love you all....this is so heartbreaking.....congratulations! :'(
  • Options
    samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Well done guys that was pure awesome. You picked a good song for the collaboration and it was positive like you said all round! I loved every bit of the collaboration and everyone sounded good and in the zone with the lyrics. Peace!
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    I think we forgot to tag @HuduVudu in this post sorry Shane !

Vocality :)
  • Options
    WendyJaneWendyJane 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    Thanks for sharing this, it was really moving to hear you all sing together. From all over the world......the power of music and friendship! <3
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Vocality I have other nefarious ways :sunglasses::tongue:
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    edited September 2019
    Man, I can't believe I missed this post the other day!!

Great job, everyone! Really, really cool! B)

Special thanks to @Rick_amateur for suggesting the song, and to @doc_ramadani for his producing and engineering. :+1:
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Chris, @cwcw

never want to miss anything?

When you enter the forums the normal way you will see the "category view!. You can see all the categories with the last 5 discussions that were active in this category. This can sometimes be a bit confusing because you can not see what is happening in the different categories on the first look. Many students, including myself, prefer the "discussions view". In the the "discussions view" you can see the last discussion regardless in which category they have been posted. If you look at the top line of your browsers window yon can read "Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singers Forum" (or if you are on a mobile device "KTVA Singers Forum). Next to it it says "Categories" - "Discussions" - "Activity" - ... Click on "Discussions" and you are in the "discussions view". For me, this view is easier because I can see all the latest things that happened in the forums.

Doc
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Thanks @doc_ramadani Very good tip!!

I'm actually setup as you describe, but with limited time to be on the forums, I often just quickly view my notifications. So I was surprised that I somehow missed this notification - because I was tagged. :)
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    So great to hear the final result. Huge thanks to @doc_ramadani and everyone involved. For some reason i got really nervous when i started to play this. It's exiting to send over few samples and get a full track on the return. Let's do this again at some point :)
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    it must have been so much work to edit this, kudos once again to @doc_ramadani , it cannot be overstated!!!
  • Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    All I can say is, "Wow!" What a great job everyone did. I really enjoyed doing my part on this and I hope we can do more in the future. This is amazing all of us singing together on different continents across the world. We truly are the world.

A special thank you to both @Rick_amateur for executing on this collab idea and putting the video together, and to @doc_ramadani for mixing all our sound clips together and making us sound like we were singing together. Also, shout out to @doc_ramadani for the heads up.