Home Off Topic

App that transforms lyrics to vowels etc for singing

GoldtaffGoldtaff Pro Posts: 93
edited September 2019 in Off Topic
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that can transform lyrics in songs into vowels and consonants etc

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Gav,

personally I haven't heard about something like that.

Doc
  • GoldtaffGoldtaff Pro Posts: 93
    Hi Doc,

I was watching a vid on youtube about transposing lyrics into vowels in singing style etc though aww I wonder is there an app that's out there and if not maybe it should be designed
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hey, good idea, but there is a catch: it would have to know the points where YOU need to use vowel mods, so it would have to a) know your personal range at the time (vowel mods will happen later the more advanced you get), plus it would have to know the notes, as in, be able to analyze sheet music, in order to know what pitch, and therefore which mod is to be used. it would be possible, but is much more complicated than just a "find and replace" ms word type of thing. which is a shame, because it would be so much easier that way...
  • It might be possible to write a basic one. You need to have a database containing the phonetic pronounciations of words. Then write a program to replace the words in the lyrics with those phonetic versions and strip out any consonants. Then another step to replace the phonetic vowels with the KTVA vowels we're familiar with. I don't think any of that should be difficult. You'd then use your knowledge of where your own personal vowel modifications need to be applied to work up the song.

I think it would be just as fast to work up a song line-by-line by hand.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    On my Macbook I use an App that is called Anytune, It is also available for iOS (iPhone and iPad). It is allows you to set loops, slow the playback down, transpose it, ...

https://anytune.us/

They have a free version, too.

For me it works very good when I try to learn new songs line by line.

Doc