Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Little Wing cover

Hi guys,

Here is an attempt to this little gem from one of my biggest inspiration as guitarist.

The song is so short to sing but really open up my heart.

Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vdtSUo_l2HoGEbvgybxCwgo0TFzzIlHm

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Claudio, my Italian buddy,

is that you on the Guitar? - Very good vibe. And very good sound.

And I am very surprised how much your chest voice grew over the last months. I can hear that you gained a lot of resonance.

Claudio, how often you are practicing singing at the moment?

Doc
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    edited September 2019
    Thanks a lot @doc_ramadani
    reading this it makes me super happy.
    Unfortunately it's just a backing track, I am just singing.
    I felt a good resonance while singing this song, you're right. ;)

About my practicing time as you might remember I am a full time dad, my son is almost 8 months now and he is a lot of job and time consuming :)
    I can't really tell you how much I practice because I really have to fight to find time for practicing.
    Sometimes I steal 10' minutes, another time it's 20' etc.
    It depends on the day, there are days where I can't practicing so I do my lip rool and tongue exercises walking my way to work. (I know it sounds crazy but when you have a passion you do everything for it)

When I have time, like today, I try to go over the whole VOL_3 usually I can't finish it but I do kind of 3/4.

From time to time I sing for my son who loves it <3

Once again thanks a lot for your comment and for finding always the time to comment and help other students.
    Claudio
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi nice one Hendrix is awesome. This song is particularly good. I think you did a good job. Hendrix vocals are deceptive because the guitar is blindsiding but his phrasing and tone are really good. I thought it was nice, good job
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    edited September 2019
    Overall i like it and you did great. For some critique it feel like the background instruments (a track?) are very lo-fi compared to voice. You can really spot that by listening to the hi-hat drum.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    edited September 2019
    Hi Ari, @DogMeat

yupp. you are right. That sizzle in the highs is always treacherous. I focussed more on Claudios vocal performance and I think that he did very well. I can hear Claudio's voice improving.

Ari, I need your help, urgently. You recently posted a Youtube site which made it possible to look up what the copyright restrictions are if you want do a cover or remake or .... I can't find that post anymore. Would you be so kind and post it here again? - It would be of great help.

Doc
    edited September 2019
    @doc_ramadani it must have been this: youtube.com/music_policies

I absolutely agree that @Claude77 your voice has grown. Great job.
    @DogMeat @doc_ramadani @samw2019

Thank you all for listening and giving me such exciting feedback.

I must agree about the quality of sound track, please if anyone has some reference about good karaoke tracks it would be great.

About my voice I am really happy about the progress I made. It takes a lot of time to learn to sing but being an instrumental I do know how much time I had to invest to learn guitar.
    In march it will be my third years of training with KTVA before that I would like to make a post where I compare my starting point with my actual voice.
    I have some very old recordings that are really embarrassing (those are before KTVA)

Claudio
    @Claude77 it's great to have those clips from earlier singing. Listening to old stuff makes you appreciate your improvements
    edited September 2019
    @DogMeat,

you are great, Ari. This is exactly what I was looking for but I couldn't remember it. Thanks a lot, man.

@Claude77:

It would be very cool to hear your comparison between pre-KTVA and your how your voice sounds now. For me, a good resource for karaoke tracks is www.karaoke-version.com. I normally buy a "custom backing track" and do some mixing by myself:

https://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/jimi-hendrix/little-wing.html

Doc
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Cool sound! It goes to show even a little practice the right way can go a long way! Check this thread on ideas for backing tracks

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/12096/help-seeking-backing-tracks#
    edited September 2019
    Thanks a lot @Wigs
    I am so happy to read good feedbacks.
    To be honest since my son was born I had to really slow down my practice but I joined the KTVA community on march 2017 and for 1 year and half I practiced a lot, almost everyday at least 1 hour and when I could even for 2 hours.

As I mentioned being a guitarist I know how much time is needed to learn an instrument and singing for me it's the same, it takes time.

What I want to underline is that KTVA works!!!
  • OnAirOnAir Member Posts: 8
    Bonjour Claude,
    I am French; I am interested in your vocal journey. Can we discuss by email and maybe have a short call?
    My address is sunlight_9999 / yahoo.fr
    Thx
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I think having gone through the steps and process of already having learned an instrument makes it a little easier cuz you know how to learn and how to make yourself better
    Dear @OnAir

in the forum there is a mailing exchange you can write me using it.
    If I can be of any help I would be happy.
    Claudio
  • OnAirOnAir Member Posts: 8
    Thank you Claude.
    I did not find any mailing exchange... how can I access please?