Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Newbie Singer that needs advice

Hey! So I've been practicing daily an hour or more a day. I don't want to breeze through the program so I have been really taking my time with Volume 1. I need to know where I need to get stronger and what am I doing wrong? I have this vocal power that I don't know what to do with, I try my hardest to listen to Ken. But it's hard to not have instant correction on my side when I'm learning. So I would really appreciate you experienced vocalists who can point me in the right direction. I'm singing "Break In" by Halestorm. I'm singing in a relaxed state and I feel minimum tension when singing this, but it still doesn't

Comments

• d1g2w3d1g2w3 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 465
    edited September 2019
    Hi @hlcali

Have you bought the course and program?

If so, think we need a moderator to give you access to the student area @highmtn? In there, there is more behind the forum as this is the public viewing area where the freebies are discussed.

There's lots of people answering questions in this area and these posts are sometimes slower to get around to.

Danny
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @hlcali,

a very warm Welcome to the Forums from Germany. Danny ( @d1g2w3 ) is right. There is a ton of information in the internal students' areas. To be able to give you good advice it is better to hear you doing basic scales.

I would recommend to you that you post a demo (video preferred) of the basic LAH triad scale of Volume 1 in 2 versions:

- one bridging into head voice
    - one stretching chest voice

A lot of things can be seen from these scales. Maybe we can give you some advice. It is best to post the demos in this internal category:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/progress-reports

Looking forward to listen to your demos.

Doc