Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Sympathy for the Devil

Hi everyone, Can you please give me feedback/critique on this recording? I'm playing piano and singing at the same time, along to a drum track.

Thanks, Michael

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvqpmhkVjP-MiGtkize0gNvWpdtv

@HuduVudu @doc_ramadani @Vocality @bentk @iking @Diego @highmtn @Gaston_Jauregui @Sophia @victortang @Klaus_T @Furious_Phil @Ken Tamplin @Wigs @Maximus3000 @Jáchym @cwcw @reallydanny @SlaySomething @Rick_amateur

Comments

• Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @Michael4000

Hi Michael it's great see you back on the forum again, thought there was some slight timing issues with the track but taking in consideration playing the piano alongside you done quite well. Good support chest voice up to e4 nice bright tone in your voice like it very much. Good Job

Vocality :)
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    @Vocality thanks. Yes i definitely struggled with timing on this one, it was actually much worse before but i realize it still needs improvement.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Huge improvement in tone! Whats your family that said singing aint for you saying now?! :smile: I think its only some tweaking and mainly practice, it sounds like you are concentrating quite hard on singing and playing together which I think is why the timing is a bit off but totally expected as you learn the song. The other thing is watching the plosives, around 2:15 "Bombay" the B's were quite hard, this will also help with contiguous phrasing as well.
    I think this is the kind of song that will allow a bit of freedom with the rhythm of delivery and not allowing the beat to dictate the word so much.
    Great to hear you have still been at it!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Wigs thanks! And yes, my family has been quite impressed with my Improvement. They have really never been people to discourage me, I think the fact of the matter is that people just don't think that someone's singing voice is something that can improve. Nice that you remember this!
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Michael, @Michael4000

yes, this song suits your voice very well - and vice versa. Great hear that your voice improved so much. Very cool that you played and sang at the same time. Kudos, mate.

Doc
  • Options