Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Muse - Feeling Good Cover

GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
Hi guys, hope you're doing well ! I've been taking lessons here for almost four months now, and I'd like to share that one with

https://youtu.be/q4OFohJAo4o?list=PLTD-UtqvkzXEYmYUCyxgK7UcafoTa3DD7

Tell me what you think. I recorded it a couple days ago

Guy

Comments

• DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Amazing job Guy. Love your tone, and the way you use your voice as an instrument. You are better judging what this 4 months has done in your singing career, but you are definitely doing the right things.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @GuyChan

I agree with DogMeat, absolutely amazing job. I love the textures you use. I am absolutely impressed. Kudos, mate.

Doc
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
    @DogMeat @doc_ramadani
    Thanks guys, I didn't know I was actually doing such a good job with it :smiley: I'm glad to see that you appreciate my interpretation of the song and my technique. It means a lot for me :wink:
  • Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Two thumbs up! Keep on singing!
    @Chris82 For sure ! Thank you for your encouragement :wink:
  • Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @GuyChan Wow! Muse's version from Live at Olympic Stadium in Rome is killer but you even managed to take it a few notches up to a new level, really masterful! This gives me some hope that even after only a short time in the program great things can be done but you probably also had a lot of singing experience before, didn't you?
    edited October 2019
    Hey, thank you so much, @Raphael_Hussl ! I'm really surprised, as I always told myself I was just at the beginning of my singing journey ! :wink: Actually, I used to sing in front of my TV on YouTube a couple 4 years ago, getting back home from high-school instead of doing my homework :lol: ; but just that, you know, karaoke guy without any knowledge in singing technique at all, just singing instinctively ! But these years of "crooning" might have gave me some usable experience :smile: I've actually been singing in front of a microphone for two years right now. That has been more efficient, as I was preparing myself to show my singing in front of people ! I've got a lot goin' on about music in my life, you know. It's all there ! :smile: I think my experience came (for the most part, professionally speaking) from a music school I was studying at, as a guitar player. I have more "professionalism" in guitar, as I have more experience. I made some concerts here and there with my school during one year over two, and I sung too at one show. So that grew me to the point I was absorbing music-ness into me so to speak. Everything in my day was music. Also, I first came out when I was 5 years old playing piano. My grandfather taught me some tricks, and I was first getting familiarized with music that way, playing "Reunionese" folklore (séga, maloya). That is to say that I've been playing music all my life, into a family of musicians. That's pretty much where all my experience and motivations basically came from ! :smile:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @GuyChan,

when I read your story I think that you may have a prospective future as an artist / performer. Do not let this talent fade.

You wrote that you have had singing lessons. Have you had them with Ken? - Which volume you are doing at the moment?

Doc
    @GuyChan That's great. Is your grandfather from la Réunion? You are lucky to have been born into a family that is such a good environment for musical talent to develop and also that you already have found the right course to practice with. Keep going with it, I think currently KTVA is probably one of the best things you can do to your singing voice that exist right now and I know what I'm talking about. I've tried everything from regular singing lessons and music workshops to gaining a university degree in music pedagogy only because I wanted to learn to sing. Most of these things were nothing but a waste of money or time but not this course. I just finished my third month with KTVA but for the first time in my life I feel like I'm really learning something useful about singing. All the best!
    edited October 2019
    Hello @doc_ramadani ! Actually, I'm looking forward to appear out of my home studio ! :wink:

Just one month before I stared Ken's course, I was taking lessons from a local coach. So then I worked the course in parallel with her. I took lessons from her during 3 months, once a week. She was actually giving advice about support, and more specifically posture, body language and stage presence.

I am working on Volume 3 now, in parallel with Volume 4. I have worked these two, and I feel good with them so I actually start to introduce some Volume 5 stuff to my workout. I still have trouble doing the stamina workouts of Volume 3, but I try to experiment, to be able to sustain the looong phrases. But all this works ! So I can apply these to songs. I'm not looking to run through the course, but I needed to go further, because I felt I was ready to get a step up, by need, just because I was blowing too much air through the cords. I think I'll post something about glottal compression, because I feel like I can hold my breath ; and I can, if not I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing, and distort my voice properly. But I can't sustain and sing really long scales.
    @Raphael_Hussl Yeah, all my family is from la Réunion. Yes, I made some research on the internet, and I have my own story about KTVA, and looking for actual good information for the voice. I'm really glad and I feel blessed to have found this great academy, And it's really useful and comfortable to have access to that huge community, and to be able to exchange with online students. This is a great place to be. :wink:
    @GuyChan Yes, I think it really is a bless because from my personal experience it looks like most of the other vocal coaches spend most of the time on telling you everything you can't learn from them and some excuses why you can't learn that and here at KTVA we just do all these things :smiley:
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    In all honesty , that was pure awesome!
    @Raphael_Hussl I feel like you have more experience than me searching for a good vocal coach. It's great for you to be there ! :smile: You said you did the course for 3 months ? Which Volume are you working on now ?
    I think I'll post something about glottal compression, because I feel like I can hold my breath

That would be great.
    @GuyChan Thank you. Yes, I did it for 3 months, I started in the beginning of July and at the moment I'm still working on Volume 1. I didn't look into the other Volumes yet, only because I have had too many experiences with moving on too fast with something when I thought I had understood it in my mind but hadn't build enough muscle memory yet to be able to really use it. So this time I just wanted to do everything as recommended and not to risk any setbacks or even damages just because I tried something that I'm not ready for yet.
    @Raphael_Hussl, Yeah, I know what you mean ! Actually, I did get a little point, because I was first learning by watching Ken's videos on YouTube one year ago. So actually, I watched his videos over and over again, and this basically is where I built a base for my singing with Ken's course. So when I started the course, I was already all in the game. I'm also careful about not going too fast through it. Take your time. I wish you great things for your singing ! :wink:
    @GuyChan Thank you, same thing for you! I also can't judge about whether what you are doing by moving on so fast and doing more than one Volume at once is wrong or right, you just need to listen to your body if everything feels easy and natural or if there is some resistance somewhere, I think your body will tell you at which speed you should go on anyway. All the best! :smile:
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Big WOW! Cool background story, awesome tone. Looking forward to hearing different genres from you 🙂