Home Off Topic

Help with Backing track

GoldtaffGoldtaff Pro Posts: 93
Hi everyone I need help for a backing track.

The song is Cry little sister but the artist is Seasons After.

I need the backing track part with the backing vocals and synth keyboards on.

We are doing this in my covers band Sunday but I cant find anywhere that does it. I would really appreciate it if anyone could isolate both backing vocals and synth and send me an mp3.

Many thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/y3eeGTFH_Fo

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    if i got your question right: it is not possible to isolate individual parts from a mixdown. even canceling out the lead vocals (as some karaoke machines do), doesn't always work, and usually also destroys the bass (because it just cancels out whatever has been mixed dead center, which normally is the lead vox, but also the bass and kick in most mixes).
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    I did some experimenting with this isolation with Izotope RX7 Advanced trial, and got mixed results. I was able to clean vocals from some rare tracks, without destroying the dynamics too much. Most of them ended useless, unless you just lower the vocals lets say 5db. I'm not aware of method to extract just the lead vocals and leave backup untouched.
    I also checked the karaoke service i use (singa.com), and this track was not there.
  • GoldtaffGoldtaff Pro Posts: 93
    Is there anyone here who could play the synth keyboard section as I've got the backing vocals isolated on you tube