Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

COLLAB PROJECT : Feat Doc & George ( Vocality) The Proclaimers - 500 Miles

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
Happy to release this Collab after plenty of work over the past few weeks, credit goes to The Doc for mixing and arranging the cover.

I would like to tag: @doc_ramadani @highmtn @Ken Tamplin @coffeecrank @DogMeat @Rick_amateur @Wigs @HuduVudu @Gaston_Jauregui @Furious_Phil @Claude77 @Mysti @bentk @d1g2w3 @maximgottmer @AaronChristie @Sophia @Diego @samw2019 @blondiewales @cwcw @chris82 @Michael4000 @LoneWolfRogue @sagemacg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en42uE9U0II

Doc & George (Vocality)

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    George,

you deserve a medal for your endurance and you had a long journey working hard on improving your pitch and hearing. There is still a lot of work waiting for you but if you continue to work that hard you will get better and better. It was very funny to do this very tough song together with you.

Doc
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Another fun song! I could hear timing being a setback for the fast parts of the song, especially since you aren't in the same room to feed off each other. However the energy and commitment totally made up for it and you both finished strong :smile:
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Wigs

You have a good point being in the same place in real-time would be better I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if there was a way connecting our mics up to remote connection or would latency become an issue.
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    @Vocality , @doc_ramadani , Nice job guys on a famous song, I enjoyed it! The chorus was very strong, well done, but it was all nicely done, all the best
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Cool, guys! There was a time when this was my twin sister's favorite song. :) Nice to hear.

George, nice go at this. You do get the endurance award for your incredible hard work. Knowing the time and effort you are putting in, along with your challenges is a real encouragement to me to just keep on keepin' on. Thank you! :+1:

Chris
    @samw2019 Yes I decided Marco was better to do the chorus and I switched to backing chorus and went back to the verses. Worked at the verses over a good few weeks line at a time.

@cwcw Hi Chris it’s nice my hard work keeps you motivated, already working on another song it’s my 1 year milestone song, my foot will be firmly on the gas pedal to get it as best it can be and hope to get it posted on the 28th October.

George :)

• samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    @Vocality , I thought you were both strong harmonizing on the chorus and the da da da da bits!
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Woo collab month! :D
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Wow, how fun! Sorry I didn’t get the notification.

George and Marco, you both did a great job on this collab. I really like the way your voices blend together.
    Thanks @blondiewales @Mysti for your comments this collab was fun to do and good learning experience.
    @blondiewales

A really good question there, really working at that issue and at this stage beginning to understand where I was going wrong. e.g. Few months back done "Frankie goes to hollywood - The power of love" picked a song outside my chest range, continued to do the song anyway the best I could and exposed the issues right there!!!

Ok my reason for doing a song in a Lower / Different Key
    1. Couldn't reach the notes not enough range (wrong song choice)
    2. Didn't understand the concept of singing with the melody at that time.
    3. Pitch recognition Issues.
    Now doing line at a time technique, ear training on intervals daily and my voice range has now expanded over the 11 months on the course. My more recent songs are much better now, if I dont have sheet music will use Sing Scope to check the original melody.

Maybe the @doc_ramadani may have a comment on this he has helped me to understand a few things!!

George
    :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Thanks for tagging me, George.

Blondie, @blondiewales

our mate George has a long journey behind him. At first he was not able to sing one note of the basic LAH triad on pitch. I was singing "something". Through hard work he managed to do the scales decently. Also with the songs he improved very good.

I had several Skype meetings with George and it seems to be a combined hearing and singing problem. If I do one phrase over and over with him (this is what we did with the harmonies of this song), he is able to reproduce it.

I think that George will have to work on this issue (among others) very hard but I can hear improvements with every recording he presents.

Doc