Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

17 year old from Denmark here! Hello all :D

Hello all! I've been singing to myself for a while now, and finally decided that I wanted to really take my voice to an awesome level. Invested in the program yesterday, and WOW. I love it so far! The open throat technique is bugging me at the moment, but I'll work it hard and figure it out!

Any tips for a COMPLETE newbie? :D

Comments

• MattMatt Pro Posts: 197
    Welcome, FireFlower - you are going to love what this program is going to do to your voice! Have a look through the forum too, as there is some absolute gold within.

Complete newbie advice....hmm...I'd recommend reading this post:

Also, watch, watch and re-watch the videos in volume one! You will keep picking stuff up months and even years down the line.

Finally, as Ken states:

Posture
    Breathing
    Support
    Open throat
    Bright tone

And not too much air!

It is a lot to think about at the beginning, but you will find it easier over time. Record yourself and listen back and you may be able to figure out what you immediately struggle and don't struggle with. Your posture might be excellent but your support may be lacking. Just keep monitoring yourself and adapt as you need to.

Finally, finally, above all other things:

Enjoy!

It is a journey that will last a lifetime!

And finally, finally, finally - if you have any questions, ask on here. We have many members who can help you, and even Ken posts when he finds time.
  • ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    Any tips for a COMPLETE newbie? :D
    Yeah, practice like there's no tomorrow and make sure you watch the videos over and over again until you have them basically memorized. After that watch all the webinars.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Let me jump in and just say Welcome!  Matt and ragnar have spoken well and given great advice!

Bob

• FireFlowerFireFlower Pro Posts: 1
    Thank you all! I really love the program so far. I can't wait to see how far it'll take my voice! 
  • TrineTrine Enrolled Posts: 269
    Hei! Jeg er fra Norge! Velkommen til forumet!!!!