Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Head voice routine

Hi Bob...
Seem to be finding the head voice ex’s benifical in a number of ways.....so my question is would it be acceptable to warm up the voice with these ex’s as they are so light.....then go on to chest ex’s Vol 3 (the 24 ex’s) then on to head voice.....then if time allows some sliders etc in mix voice...... what do you advise.
Thank you.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,868Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    That all depends on where you are in the program itself. If you have not yet done all of volumes 1 through 3, you should not advance to 4 or 5 until it's really time by virtue of having "graduated" through those levels.

It won't hurt you to "visit" these out of interest or curiostity, but for the sake of growing your voice, please follow the 1 through 5 order without skipping ahead. Ken presents it in that order for good reason.
  • markbmarkb Posts: 70Pro
    Okay ...thanks Bob.
    I have been working on Vol 3&4 for a while now.
    But as advised... I will do chest then head then mix voice.
    Thank you Bob.
    DO maintain your bridging exercises all the while, though. You don't want your passaggio to atrophy. Maintain it with the balance of stretching chest and also bridging into normal (light, non-reinforced) head voice.
  • markbmarkb Posts: 70Pro