Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Comin' Home Baby

victortangvictortang Posts: 4742.0 PRO
Had a GREAT night with 4 musicians I have never met. Long story. I was invited to jam with them. They gave me this song that i have never ever heard before. So i looked in YouTube and learnt it on the spot....for 3 minutes literally!!

So the funny part of this performance is that I was relying on my right brain because the words and even the melody were new and unfamiliar to me. I "felt" my way through the song and even made up words.

The really interesting part for me is my voice! It was doing what i previously only dreamed of. I was "shrieking & wailing" up to a Bflat, and G and A were effortless to me. This is previously unheard of FOR ME. In the final notes of the song, I even produced a G, a soprano G5 or 6 or something like that. I didn't even know what notes I was singing....too busy just trying the convey the message that I'm "coming home baby"!

Trying to sing properly was the last thing on my mind. I kinda just tried to let it all hang out!

This new "unconscious competence" as Ken coins it, is just GRRRREAT! Again, I am godsmacked by what these exercises have done for me. They've given me a new artillery for singing combat!!! WOOHOO!!!

Just thought some of you may have experienced this and appreciate it.

Comments

• DiegoDiego Posts: 6962.0 PRO
    Your wiggling at 2:50 kind of reminds me of Stevie Wonder lol. I always want to find criticism, but I just can't, maybe your note at :53 could have been just a tiny bit more open. I really love the soul you put into it, the way these songs should be. There are some things that could've made the performance even better for me, I would've hold the note a little longer and added some vibrato at 2:09.

Awesome Job! lol.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 1,590Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    What I like most are your sexy moves. @victortang: You are awesome!