Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My First of so Many things!!!!

victortangvictortang Posts: 2102.0 PRO
Hi All! Since Doing the KTVA program, I have done so many songs for the first time because I can sing higher with much less strain, My tone has improved for the first time in my life, I am reaching certain high notes for the first time. My wife attests to these, so I know the course is serving me well. Speaking of "First time", I did something crazy for the First Time (again) a few hours ago. I videoed it and audio recorded it, all into an iPhone 7, and then did a quick post production with my digital studio at home.

It was an experiment to see how well I can control myself under heavy breathing demands. And I do mean heavy. I even picked a song that had previously made me feel out of breath, even under normal circumstances.

In this video, you will see that I was trying to sound as normal as I could. I was forcing myself to appear normal (in my face) too. But inside, I was dying from exhaustion in more ways than one.... Let me assure you, it was difficult. But it was really fun!!! Why I do things like this to myself (frequently) I will never know. :smiley:

I Hope this brings you some entertainment:

Comments

• ikingiking Posts: 332Pro
    edited December 2018
    comment deleted.
  • DevonMooreDevonMoore Posts: 42Pro, 2.0 PRO
    that is a pretty interesting experiment, should do it with out the music over lay.

Like if you just had 1 head phone in and then sung it so we can hear the voice isolated. I feel you would get a lot more out of it this way.
  • victortangvictortang Posts: 2102.0 PRO
    edited December 2018
    @DevonMoore Hi!

I see what you are saying. Agree. I have now posted a "raw" footage. Music was played through a small 3 inch speaker near the camera and facing me. No editing no overlay, no reverb, no eq. No post production whatsoever. Very raw indeed.

The backing music and my voice were both recorded straight into an iPhone 7. Lots of mispronunciations and missed words due to lack of breath but i worked hard to "cover up"... :blush:
    edited December 2018

Like if you just had 1 head phone in and then sung it so we can hear the voice isolated. I feel you would get a lot more out of it this way.

I actually thought of that initually. But my headphone cable is way too short. This was done at the spur of the moment....

I think I will try it when I get some blue tooth earphones.!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 900Administrator, 2.0 PRO, hidden_admin
    Hi @victortang,

OMG, you crazy guy. As soon as you manage to sing "High hopes" by Panic at the Disco while lifting the Statue of Liberty with your left arm, scramble my eggs with the right and prepare my "Espresso doppio" with your left leg, I will a sign a lifetime membership in your gym. :smiley:

Doc
    @doc_ramadani

Hi @victortang,

OMG, you crazy guy. As soon as you manage to sing "High hopes" by Panic at the Disco while lifting the Statue of Liberty with your left arm, scramble my eggs with the right and prepare my "Espresso doppio" with your left leg, I will a sign a lifetime membership in your gym. :smiley:

Doc

I have questions: (1) Can I use Autotune in High Hopes? (2) Am I allowed to wear a lifting belt since the Statue of Liberty is quite heavy? (3) How many eggs?? ($) Any sugar in your Espresso Doppio? :blush:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 900Administrator, 2.0 PRO, hidden_admin
    Hi @victortang,

(1) Nope. Hey man, we are at KTVA. :)
    (2) That is okay.
    (3) 2 will be okay. I have to watch my cholesterol.
    (4) No, sugar in coffee is a sin.

Doc
    @doc_ramadani I will work on these!!! You are a hard man! Hahaha