Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

DIVAS Chest voice

Alina24Alina24 Posts: 12.0 PRO
Hello DIVAS! Glad to read you here! :)
I have one question.
Before I bought KTVA course I stretched my chest voice, but Audio starter exercises for Divas is high for me now. How I should do briding? and what scale I need to choose ? I do exercises staying in my chest voice from E3 till G4. Very hard used to a new scale now. Please let me know if someone have such problem too :)

Comments

• ikingiking Posts: 330Pro
    I have one question.

.........I'm not a Diva, lol, but will try to help

Before I bought KTVA course I stretched my chest voice,

..........under what system/ teacher?

but Audio starter exercises for Divas is high for me now.

...........I found Vol 1 too high for me originally. Do you have any recording equipment?

I would just lower the pitch on all the tracks, till you can reach them.

Hope that helps

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 853Administrator, 2.0 PRO, hidden_admin
    Hello @Alina24,

my name is Marco, I am 48 years old and I am from Germany. If you want to tag me here in the forums use @doc_ramadani. You can do that with any user name.

I started half a year ago. I came from nothing. I wasn't able to sing one single note on pitch. At the beginning the starter exercises were really, really hard. I was drenched in sweat after my exercises. But I kept going and over time it got better and better. Meanwhile, I have gained a fifth. That will come, believe me. Do your exercises as good as you can. Success will come by itself.

Doc
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 5532.0 PRO
    The scale is pretty hard to nail first try.
    It has also given me some problems trying to nail it and get it really bright, I might be posting more scales soon.
    But it's just a matter of trying, practice practice and more practice.
  • videoacevideoace Posts: 2,112Pro, 2.0 PRO
    edited December 2018
    When you do only chest stretching, and neglect the bridging that will happen. That's why we do both here.

For chest stretching we resist going into Head voice as long as possible through an exercise, when you reach your limit, stop.
    Rejoin the exercise when it reaches the same point you stopped, but this time you will go down in pitch.

For bridging, you sing those scales lightly, and allow yourself to flip into head voice. If you don't feel it flip into head voice, try singing it even lighter, and lighter until you do.

Peace, Tony
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,169Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Feel free to use the dudes exercises. Also feel free to use the upper parts of the Dudes exercises and the lower parts of the Divas, if that fits your voice better.

Many dudes use the Divas exercises, and many Divas use the Dudes exercises. Some do both full sets of exercises, and some do a combination that suits them.

As others have said here, just get started and work through it. Don't try to go any higher than you are able without strain. Your voice will grow with time and practice.

Bob