Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Dean Walker - My Introduction and a few questions.

Hello, my artist pseudonym in my band is Dean Walker I have been working on an album for a while now and it's going splendidly I think the music is great and most people agree but I've been auditioning singers for several months here and there (because since the music is pretty good and I've been told the songs have a lot of potential to be big hits and I want the singing to do it justice and whereas I can sing a few small niches of things very well I don't know how to expand that to singing anything I want and doing it well and so I thought I needed to enlist a lead singer) and yes I've auditioned some really really good singers in the process but I've not found the voice that just clicks with what I envision so I thought I'd take a big leap of faith and a big investment into KTVA hoping that it will get me to where I want to be able to sing like a pro. If for some reason I'm unable maybe I'll just find the singer I've been looking for here in the academy but I think I can do it if i apply myself but just in case I would like to know if there is a place where I can post and share some of the songs I'm working on for the album to see if anyone is interested in trying to sing the parts to help me see what I'm working towards and/or try out and audition to be the singer if you really like the music and are interested. Or maybe if there's not a way to do that here point me in the direction of the appropriate place to post links to the songs for people to check out.
I've been trying to sing all my life and always dreamed of being a kick ass rock singer and I really hope I came to the right place though I'll admit I just watched most of part one about posture and all the diaphragm support videos and it's humbling listening to myself do the exercises as opposed to what Ken sounds like, yikes! Makes me wonder if I can do this but I'm going to try to be optimistic. Maybe I should post a few videos of myself trying to do those exercises and/or trying to sing part of a song so that I can get feedback from peers here.
Any suggestions I'm totally open to and again if anyone is interested in my music and/or could point me in the direction of the right way and place to share said music to see if I can find any talented and interested parties in appearing on what I think is going to be a badass record please let me know.
Nice to meet you all (assuming of course this introduction does get some responses)!

Comments

• DiegoDiego Posts: 1,015Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    Hey man! First of all, welcome to the KTVA forums from Honduras! @DeanWalker

And yeah sure! You can upload your songs to the "VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS For The Bold!" category.
    I am pretty sure people will be interested in what you have.

The first thing I would do is post a demonstration of you singing (preferably on video) so we can point out some things you are maybe doing wrong, or pointers that could definitely help.

Since you do not have the course (or if you actually do go to https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest for further instructions on how to get to the student areas) we can not give you DETAILED information that includes things deep in the course.

But I am interested to see what you got man! Post away! You will not be judged in any way, so don't be shy haha!

Glad to have you with us!

-Diego
  • WigsWigs Posts: 969Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    Welcome to the course, if you apply your self you will see some dramatic changes in your voice! Definately get registered as a student. Once you are you will see different coloured banners that shows different levels of the course students have purchased. Anything blue is the open part of the forum. Post your scales in the student area.

If you are after general feedback on your music then for sure post under demonstrations for the bold, other wise if you post a demo in the student area we can relate our feed back to your demo based on what you are learning in the course.

It's great to have you here🙂
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,263Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @DeanWalker,

a warm Welcome also from Germany. I am looking forward to listening to your songs.

Doc