Home Vocal Health and Wellness

d

SalMolhadoSalMolhado Enrolled Posts: 17

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2017
    By the time I wake up, my throat feels like the Sahara Desert. Some might think it's because I snore, but I stayed up all night one night to see if I snored, and I didn't.

You should probably have a bottle of drinking water by the bed and take a couple of swigs of water through the night if you can. Otherwise, you're going to do some deep breathing, maybe a little bit of snoring, and you're going to wake up dry as a bone.
  • SalMolhadoSalMolhado Enrolled Posts: 17
    edited May 2022
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Winter is hell in an arid climate... the heaters dry the air, unless you have a humidifier connected to your air exchange system. Barring that, put a cool mist humidifier in your room at least and increase your water intake.
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    edited August 2017
    Several factors can affect this 'dry feel' of the throat.
    do you generally drink enough water in a day? (about 2 litres or so).

Keeping the environment at a healthy humidity is a very good idea in general. So go for it!
    I have a dry throat now and then, and sometimes i placed a bowl of water on the heater to humidify the room.

All the best,

Ben
  • In the winter when the forced air is drying everything out, I put a bowl of water next to the heat vent. When it gets low, I refill it.

Peace, Tony
    edited May 2022
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, I thought about that later. Acid reflux does have a "burning" feeling that can be mistaken for a terribly dry throat.
    edited May 2022