Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

COLLAB PROJECT: Doc and Lana in "(I've Had) The Time of My Life"

I'm really excited and honored to post this! This was an amazing collaboration song, and I'm happy to have been working with such an awesome partner! @doc_ramadani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b858J_xEM0c

All credit for production goes to @doc_ramadani.

I just tagged everyone that came to mind, sorry if I forgot someone! Let us know what you think, guys.
@doc_ramadani @Vocality @Sophia @blondiewales @Wigs @cwcw @Ken Tamplin @DogMeat @Raphael_Hussl @BarbieLynn @d1g2w3 @samw2019 @Diego @Rick_amateur

Comments

• omkarpanchamomkarpancham Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 91
    WOWW. I am so sorry, I missed this thread. Had to browse through a bit to land on this page.

Amazing amazing song rendered and mixed by @doc_ramadani Beautifully sung @coffeecrank

Keep up the great work :smiley:

Cheers!
    Omkar
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Wow, actually sounds really good!
    Voice fit really good together in some parts! @coffeecrank I really liked your tone throughout and @doc_ramadani was good as well!

Good job you two!
  • omkarpanchamomkarpancham Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 91
    WOWW, am sorry, I total missed that. @doc_ramadani you are sounding absolutely awesome. I especially loved that bold and rough vocal timbre in your part.
    Amazing amazing reallyyy!!! Sorry for missing that. I thought the mix was done by you. :smile:

Have a great singing guys!!!! :smiley:
    /Omkar
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Sounds great guys. Marco can i ask two production questions since you know your way around: 1) Is there a reason to use stereo tracks for voice, or do they just look like that default on Logic? 2) Tried to listen if you panned the voices at all, but have you panned yourself a little to left, and Lana is in the center?. Balance knobs look dead center, but that does not prove a thing :smile:

Anyway great job both of you. Lana's voice is a perfect for this track.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Fantastic @coffeecrank & @doc_ramadani. Lana you done really good that song resides in your tessitura you sounded so relaxed and retained bright tone throughout the song. Marco brilliant mate your voice has come a long way.

Enjoyed that one very much kudos to both of you for such a great collab / Duet.

George :)
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    That was great nice one! I liked watching the score along with your singing too, very cool. Hope to hear more and peace out
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    My favourite was the harmonies :smile:
  • maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    Good work, nice harmonies!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Ari, @DogMeat

first of all: that was a very tough one for me. I really had to practice the melodies over and over. Still I couldn't get everything right and have a lot of spots where I am slightly flat.

The stereo waveforms you see are the recorded Aux tracks (busses). I only recorded them to show the waveforms in the video.

I created two Aux tracks, one for Lana and one for me. I route the original tracks (dry vocals), the reverb and the delay to this Aux track. Reverb and delay are compressed via side chain compression with the dry track (as the side chain) to avoid that they come into the way of the vocals. On the vocal track I use the SSL G-channel for gating, compressing and EQ-ing. The Plugin is modeled after the analog circuit and gives the recording a nice analog feeling.

Doc
  • cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Nice, job guys! Really enjoyed it. Lana, you sound like a very convincing Jennifer Warnes. Not an easy task.
    Chris
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Thanks Marco @doc_ramadani . Always learning :smile:
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Blondie, @blondiewales

you are absolutely right on the EE vowel. I still have a lot trouble with it. You will hear this especially on the next collaborative demo with Lana. There were a lot of high EE vowels (up to C5) and I really hat to go spot on EE without the Aye-EE ("eight") before. Man, that was very tough for my throat. I think I will need a lot of time to find this pocket by second nature. :smile:

Thanks for listening.

For your pleasure I will use more reverb next time. :joy:

Doc