Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

COLLAB PROJECT: Doc and Lana in "You're the One That I Want"

Hey dudes and dudettes! Here's another collab project with @doc_ramadani. I'm very impressed by the final result, doc keeps perfecting his production skills. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SslpDXkZa0U

@doc_ramadani @Vocality @Sophia @blondiewales @Wigs @cwcw @Ken Tamplin @DogMeat @Raphael_Hussl @BarbieLynn @d1g2w3 @samw2019 @Diego @Rick_amateur @omkarpancham @maximgottmer

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    edited October 2019
    Hi Blondie, @blondiewales

in this one you can hear my problems with the EE vowel very clearly. I had to go directly spot on to EE without the Aye-EE ("eight") before. It was very tough. I think that it will take long and hard journey to find this pocket by second nature. :neutral:

Doc
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    @coffeecrank , @doc_ramadani Hi Marco and Lana, I think that's your strongest collab so far both voices were very strong, awesome!
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @coffeecrank @doc_ramadani

Excellent work both of you very good, had to sing along such a catchy song :D. These collabs are great fun and I reckon we can learn a lot from them.

George :)
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Good job you guys!

@doc_ramadani good job man! I feel some of the high notes have a little too much air pressure going in. Sound a little high larynx, so watch out for that a little. You had some good moments! Keep it up.

@coffeecrank Great! You have a naturally pleasant and musical tone. I would've preferred the oohs not to be glottal stops, just adding a little silent H to the beginnin of those can make it easier AND make it sound smoother. I think you have a better placement. Notice how you sounded consistent throughout the song? That means you used the same placement for what you did. For example, another thing with placement is: If you sing a high note in a certain way that sounds really good and easy, keep using that placement because that'll make everything sound consistent, otherwise it may not sound the same or you might even have unnecessary tension to try and get the same sound as before. As it has been said before, everyone has a different space and nasal cavities that give us the resonance we need, you have to sound that sweet spot where your voice really pops!

Anyways, good job you two. Solid performance, and pretty enjoyable!

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @blondiewales,

thanks for your feedback. I will try this technique to morph to the EE from different vowels.

Hi @Diego,

thanks for your feedback, too. You are right. I still have a lot weight on these high notes. This is something I am working on right at the moment. The highest note in this song was a C5 in full voice. I think that my laryngeal position is okay. I check it constantly. It might be that some of that nasal / froggy portion of my tone comes from my constantly clogged nose. I certainly have to quit smoking now to stop that from hindering my vocal development. I am planning to have my first cigarette-free day on Saturday.

Thanks for your nice comments,
    Doc