Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Twitch Sings: Let's get together and sing on Twitch!

coffeecrankcoffeecrank 2.0 PRO Posts: 763
Hey guys, recently I found out about Twitch Sings (I know Twitch, but never knew about this new thing until @Mysti and @Sophia told me about it).

It's this app where you... well, sing (and can also stream it). It's like a karaoke app bundled together with a cool game. And the game rates you based on pitch etc. When you collect points, you can customize your avatar. You can add reverb and some basic effects to your singing which is like software pre-processing essentially.

Another really cool thing is that you can do duets there. You can join random people for duets or create your own duet.

So what I suggest is that anyone who wants to rock and maybe get some public attention too, or just do cool duets with people from KTVA (or any other people) might wanna check it out.

Let me know if you join. I dunno if you can add people there as your friends (which is not the same as subscribers), but here's my Twitch channel, and I do intend to do this fairly regularly, depending on how entertaining it gets:

I'm probably gonna stream around 6-9 pm (exact time is hard to tell) on weekdays and maybe after lunch ~3-5 pm on weekends (UTC+1).

If you wanna join, hit me up there or here, and let's discuss some time when we could get together and sing some stuff!

So far @Diego mentioned he'd like to join, but I would love for more people to participate as well.

P.S. Camera is not necessary if you don't feel like it. You can let your avatar represent you on stage. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    I watch Twitch Sings streams every day - I'm looking forward to seeing yours! :) We can save Open Duets of songs and sing with each other by completing the duet through singing the other part. There is also a Party mode which allows you to pass the mic between different people and all stream on one channel, but that only works while live streaming. I only play offline, but I would love to complete people's duets if I can. :)
    edited November 2019
    No, there isn't any way to sing duets in real time. The Open Duets stay available for 90 days, and anyone can find them and complete them, either by looking at your profile, or selecting them from the list of duets under each song and in the Duets menu. The Party mode is the nearest thing to singing in real time, but I'm not completely sure how it works. It's a function that's still in beta testing. When I've seen people using it, it's one person's stream with other people as guests on it, and I think they control one game and pass the mic between them.

You might like to watch some streams under the Twitch Sings category to see how they go. There is a very active community and it is quite encouraging. People host, raid, and support each other, and it's traditional to have a queue for people who would like you to sing with them, etc. People normally watch the duets of theirs that other people have completed and then go to that person's profile and complete one of their duets. It's a very interactive thing. There are also challenges that the audience can vote for (e.g. "Sing like a vampire") during songs, although you can switch that off.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Twitch%20Sings

That link shows all the streams that are live right now.
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    I've played it now and then and sang some awkward duets usually after few drinks. That party mode will be cool to try when it's openly available. I think it's currently in beta and open only for selected streamers.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    I do twitch sings it great fun and great way to get your voice heard!!
    @coffecrank

Sing at a local club karaoke every Sunday, twitch sings now again just want to get my voice ready before really putting it out there!!

George :)
    edited November 2019
    Went live once on Twitch and got terrible singer and he was awful ha ha Trolls everywhere lol
    @coffeecrank

that duet of old time rock and roll was not live duet.
    edited November 2019
    If you click on the live sattelite icon you can go live solo, but my latest live solo got my first follower and like so great and you can leave a duet or performance at any time.
    @coffeecrank

No not on that particular performance just went live solo on a song I chose, didnt record it but some comments appeared in the chat window during the performance no big deal and I commented thanks ha ha.

George
  • samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    edited November 2019
    Hi Lana @coffeecrank I heard about twitch streams with an avatar thing and doing duets from @Mysti. I would like to do some duets (and can you do group singing?) in a short while, it sounds great lol. I'll add you guys up when I get my twitchstreams
    @blondiewales & @coffeecrank Twitch Sings is not on mobile, but if someone is streaming you can watch that with Twitch app.

@coffeecrank i have't even streamed. Just had fun with duets.
    edited November 2019
    You download Twitch Sings to a PC. It is currently in beta for a Mac version. You then have the choice of playing it offline or live stream directly from the application.

You need to have a Twitch account (which is free) to use as your login for the application. You have a list of songs. You can either sing them through solo, or record an Open Duet (sometimes referred to as seeds), which is where you sing only the lines it highlights for you, or choose a duet seed that someone else has made and sing the missing lines in that.

When you perform a song in it, it asks you at the end if you want to upload it. You can say no, and it will be deleted. This applies to solos, finishing someone else's duet, or creating your own Open Duet. Nothing becomes publicly available without your permission.

Anything you choose to save gets associated with your Twitch account, and you can download them from their website (apart from duet seeds). No one else can do that. If someone completes one of your seeds, the video will only be downloadable by them.

All solos, seeds, and completed duets you save will be available under your profile in the Twitch Sings application. Duet seeds remain for 90 days before being automatically deleted, but completed ones are there forever unless you choose to delete them.

If you stream Sings, then audience interaction becomes a thing. Unless you deactivate it, there is a browser extension that lets them applaud you (giving ovations once the meter fills up) and voting on challenges during the song ("Sing like a pirate"). Anyone can watch streams. They can be a lot of fun. You can search for other players in the application, go to their profile, look at what duet seeds they have available, and join them.

All the features work offline as well, except for the audience interaction. There is currently no way to sing live with someone else. The party mode kind of does, but it's not ideal, I don't think.
  • I forgot to mention: There is also an Open Mic mode. This lets you upload performances of your own, such as solo performances of original songs, or duet seeds of songs that aren't currently in the application.
    edited November 2019
    @coffeecrank you sing the duet, and then you review it yourself. In the review you can decide if you publish or scrap it. If you sang for someone else's duet, you can also choose to publish that performance as your own duet challenge.
  • Sorry, I'm not DogMeat but I can answer your question. You don't get notifications, but if anyone completes and saves one of your duets, it will show up in your profile and on theirs. The same happens if you complete and save someone else's duet, it will show up on your profile and on theirs. They may also comment and Like your videos, but it's easy to miss those if you don't check each one. Sometimes there is a red symbol next to the Duets heading in the top left corner, but that can appear if there are simply new community duets, rather than ones specifically of your seeds.

Don't worry about not being as good as the best people. There is a wide range of abilities on there. Some people may not even look at their completed duets as there are so many of them, and they wait until the person shows up in their stream. For others, the only indication you might have that they've seen it is that the view count will go up by one. Others will leave a comment. You are better than a lot of people on there, but most people who do Sings do it because they love singing karaoke, not because they're aiming to be professional singers.

If we are going to be completing each others' duets, I'm sure it will be a nice, friendly atmosphere, and just a way to have a little fun applying the techniques we practice in our workouts. :) It's different if you're aiming to be a streaming star. That will most likely involve becoming active in the community, being active in others' streams, etc. There is a Stream Star contest where you submit a solo performance, and the winner performs in the final at Twitch Con, with the prize of a recording contract and money. There was some grumbling the first time as some of the people who made it to the later stages weren't known in the community, but were quite advanced singers who just entered for the prizes. The streaming side of it isn't so much about blowing everyone away with your talent (although the best do do that), but about forming relationships with viewers and being part of a community.
  • MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    I really have a lot of fun with it. The duets are my favorite part. I am far from the best singer, and have had nothing but good experiences on there. I will look for you when I get some time again. I am hoping that will be next week. :smile: