Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Options

Planning on buying this course, Will this course ruin my unique voice?

I heard that this course could change your unique voice into the voice of Ken Tamplin himself. Is this true?

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    You will hear a lot of things, especially from people who want to steer you away to some other method.

You will sound like you, but better than you have ever sounded before. You will learn how singing is supposed to be done, and when you apply that to your own voice, it will grow and improve. This growth takes time and it takes work. There is no quick fix or instantaneous transformation. It's a learning process and a growing process.

One of the real benefits of the course is that it will teach you to preserve your voice, so in other words it will PREVENT you from ruining your voice. Using your voice improperly is the fast track to destroying what is good about your voice. Ken teaches us how to control our voice and how to prevent blowing out our voice.
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I’ll take it ruining my unique voice and making it kens!!!!
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @DarkSoulz20 what do you mean gone big? You mean like Bon Jovi or Adele? If you think that a vocal coach has anything to do with that you probably need to understand the music industry a little better. If you are looking for someone that can increase your odds of "making it big" then you will need a good agent, not a good vocal coach to get you there.

With that, you will need to have something more than a good singing voice. There are multiple factors involved in becoming famous for singing. You have a better chance of becoming well off from singing, than famous, but even those odds aren't very good, and all of this assumes that you ALREADY have a good voice.

This is an interesting video regarding how all of this works:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=kPVkNVbkIUQ
    And also:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=3WxPXieXEAQ

Ken's course isn't going to teach you to sing ... you are going to do that. What Ken will do is teach you how to sing better than anyone else. Note: it does NOT say it will teach you how to become famous for singing. There are certain pitfalls that can happen to people that sing for extended amounts of time. I have seen many of the singers of my time with voices that are no unusable, because they sang incorrectly. Ken's course will help you to avoid these pitfalls. Ken's course will also provide solid ways that will improve your voice make it stronger and more versatile. Your voice is unique to you and to say that you have a "unique" voice is meaningless. What you can do with what you have is what is necessary to obtain technical proficiency. Ken's course has this instruction in spades. Honestly this is all a vocal coach can provide to you. The rest is up to you.

This course isn't going to make you anything, just like getting a BS in programming won't make you a programmer. If you have the desire and drive then this course will shorten the painful lessons that are necessary to be a "good" singer. If you think you are committed and you want to have a better voice I would highly recommend this course. If you want someone else to make you into something then I think your money is better spent on an good agent.
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    And it’s definitely better to be lucky than good in that case