Home Off Topic
Options

I Quit

thiago3mthiago3m Member Posts: 64
I'm almost 2 MONTHS stuck in F#4 and G4. I don't have money to buy ken tamplin's course but I'm doing Free videos. 1 hour per day, 6 days a week. And My highest note is still a f*** F4. I love high notes. I love The Eagles, Bee Gees, Aerosmith...
But I Can't. I'm 19 years old, I should be studing. Sometimes you just can't.

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Don't quit! I know it can be frustrating at times especially when you feel you aren't making progress but this stuff takes time. Ken's program is definitely worth purchasing so it might be a good idea to just save up a little every month until you have enough.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Also at 19 years old your body is still growing and developing. Ken said it took him years after studying classical and being type cast as a baritone to reach new notes. Try and find the pure joy of singing songs within your range now. As frustrating as it may be not hitting the higher notes, at least you can still do something you love.
  • Options
    zowmanzowman STREAMING PRO Posts: 61
    Hope you'll be inspired to try again. I get bummed out too sometimes because I don't have a show ready voice nor do I sound like the pros. But then I hear an awesome song and start singing and then I'm inspired again.
  • Options
    maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    maybe you can post a clip so we can help?
  • Options
    MatthaeiMatthaei Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 71
    edited May 2019
    Hey @thiago3m,

i think you're now at a point, where you have to decide for yourself, if you have the passion and guts to become a (great) singer, or not.
    If that is really what youre aiming for, then you should leave your frustrations behind and practise, practise, practise, sing, sing, sing.

Like @HuduVudu already said. Nothing comes easily or quickly.

But also important: Don't just judge your development in terms of range. Singing is also about fun, joy, passion and to express yourself.

I started to sing with 21, so at a similar age.
    A lot of my friends made music during that age. But now iam the only one left. The other onces decided at some point that they have other priorities (and thats fine, too). And...
    Even for me, while i was studying mechanical engineering for serveral years, didn't had always the time for music. I also changed my priorities for some amount of time. But the passion of making music and singing came always back to me.

Now, iam 35 and i started 4 years ago, more or less completly all over again.

If you like, have a look at my Demo songs from 1 year ago and hear how much i sucked even after 3 years of doing a lot of singing and practising (basically 3-4 days per week, 1-2 hours per day). At that point i was also frustrated, but i kept going. Now hear my Demo songs from this year April,.. iam no professional and i need still to learn a looooooot of stuff, but over the last year i made a huge development (for myself).
    It takes time and effort and its not a linear process....

Furthermore, when you're only doing the excercises you're getting out from the free stuff, than for sure you will be limited in your progress at some point, because there is so much more to learn about singin.
    Ken covers all this in his course. And i tell you, it is completely worth it. Its a bargain for what you are getting. I highly recommend you to safe some money to buy it. It is always doable, if you really want it.

Greetings,
    Ralph
  • Options
    Woodsuzanne5Woodsuzanne5 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    I think time is definitely one of the factors that will play into all that. I've been doing regular warmups hoping to increase strength and range, which have come a long ways, but it is still an uphill climb. Some days I can reach a note, others not so much. Just keep practicing. 2 months is just a drop in the water of a musical pursuit or career. I hope you keep continuing! There are so many other factors that go into strong vocals. Keep on keeping on! :)
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @thiago3m

It’s clear your very frustrated, my advice don’t make decisions when your frustrated, there usually the wrong ones and take time to think things over 2 months is not long and you will still be finding your way. On the positive side your age gives plenty of time to develop as a singer, just keep chipping away at the exercises you will improve in time just not as fast as you would like.

Hope you have a change of mind and keep going.

Vocality