Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

Singing while sick: Yes or no?

I recently purchased the HTS course, but I can't get started becuase I'm ill with a sore throat and and having difficulty taking full breaths.  I should be on the mend in a couple more days, but I've lost a week's worth of practice time and had to cancel a work session with the guitarist I'm collaborating with.  We've got a recording session in two days, and I don't think I'll be ready for it.  And comments or suggestions regarding this?  I know that illness can affect us all from time to time, and I've seen professional singers such as Ozzy Osbourne take to the stage in obviously poor health and manage to pull it off, although perhaps taking it a bit easy.  I'd like to know more about how to make the best of this bad situation.  Thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited April 2013

@willwolfe

ww,

Look in your ProPack Download. 

You will find a video called Heath and Wellness.  That may have some answers for you.

Also, go to the Webinars section of the forums.  There, look for the recent posting of the video called

How to Recover from Hoarseness.  Some of the concepts in that video will apply directly to your situation.

Bob

• willwolfewillwolfe Pro Posts: 5
    Thanks Bob.  I'll check the Pro Pack video right now.
  • willjwillj Enrolled Posts: 3
    Yes.
    Gently.
    And only if you have advanced and feel comfortable with lever 3 Master class compression.
    You can not allow air to dry our an already delicate chord.