Hey Dudes and Divas!
Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.
To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.
Hello from Spain! :D (Questions)
(Sorry, I can hardly express myself in English, but I'll try )
Hi! My name's Alvaro and I'm just starting KTVA.
After 1 year of teachers who could not sing what they explain I decided to forget what those teachers have taught me and give a try to the KTVA.
I want to do it well and be the best singer I can.
After reading the instructions, watching the videos and listen the CD a couple of times I have questions:
In the Audio Workout instructions are two parts. In the Part 1 said:
- Apply what you are learning in a chest voice resonance to strengthen the chest voice.
- Do not move on to bridging at this point.
In Part 2 said:
- After you have completed the chest resonance “stretching”, you can move on to lightly building the bridge.
1. I can hardly reach F4 with my chest voice (I can't continue with higher notes because I feel my throat is closed like strangling) . So when I'm doing the Ah, AA, EE... exercises:
Should I stop when I reach F4?
When am I supposed to continue with higher notes?
Should I try every day I practice or wait to do the F4 with my chest voice effortless?
2. When do I know that I have stretched and strengthened my chest voice enough to move on to lightly building the bridge?
3. If I can hardly reach the F4... what would be my limit to my chest voice?
Reaching only the F4 tells that am I a baritone and I would never reach C5 and above with my chest voice?