Hey Dudes and Divas!

Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forum, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA forum - the rest of the forum is hidden from view.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Ann Wilson from Heart

vivileevivilee Posts: 2Member
edited January 2014 in DIVAS
My vocal inspiration is, Ann Wilson from Heart, and I really long to sound something like her. 

I've observed that her she has an insane natural chest vocal range as opposed to 'cheating' and going into her upper register. I love how powerful she sounds!

My own voice though, is quite 'folksy' for lack of a better descriptive. I sound more pop-like and cutesy. Is it at all possible to change that tone? Will learning Ken Tamplin techniques help me to acquire a more powerful voice like Ann Wilson?

Best Answers

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Posts: 658Member, Moderator, Enrolled
    Accepted Answer Vote Up0Vote Down
    Could you have a demo of your voice? :o

From what I know, if you follow Ken's teaching, you will be able to belt in your chest voice till pretty high ;). Though I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sing like her. However, your tone and timbre might not be exactly like her as each of us have our own unique voice. So yeah :o. You can pretty much learn to belt in chest and get a strong chest voice!

What I'm gonna assume here is that you have more head voice in your sound (though it may not hear like it). Hence the pop-ish sound. :o Either way, a demo would be great :)
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Posts: 658Member, Moderator, Enrolled
    Haha we're all here to learn! :D! Though the first step is the hardest ;)
  • DaverevadDaverevad Posts: 44Member
    edited February 2012 Accepted Answer Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi and welcome Vivilee,
    I agree with kokonuhtz... We are all here to learn, share thoughts and ideas, critique each others music (IF that's what you want) / or just listen to and appreciate each others music ;-) , help each other out, and lend support.

So please keep in mind, no one gets judged here - for we are all students of the voice... 

dave.
  • mivisonmivison Posts: 182Pro
    edited February 2012 Accepted Answer Vote Up0Vote Down
    the more you share your gift the less nervous you get. i was all ways very reluctant for a while.  every one here is very supportive.
  • dingodingo Posts: 119Enrolled
    I love her voice too. Yes, upload a demo. You are among friends here.

Answers