Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Pop "singer" with ambitions

Hello singers,

My name is Joseph, I have been singing a while but first and foremost I am a songwriter.  I write pop songs and am getting ready to record an album with many years worth of work on it.  It's really important to me and I am in the midst of making a decision whether I should sing my own songs or not.  I don't write low vocal fach songs like Coldplay or John Mayer do; I tend to write songs for probably tenor pop and R&B singers (or any singer with a decent range).  My choruses tend to linger right around the second passagio and higher for me.  Range aside I am not even sure if my tone is listenable, so I am hoping with some hard work, this program will help me master the mix voice and beautify my tone a little so I can sing songs a la The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, etc.  Maybe that is not possible but I want to at least try.

I posted a sample of my singing; a cover of She Will Be Loved (Maroon 5).  It's vocals only so you can really hear where I am.  My name on SoundCloud is "AnonymousUser1"

Let me know if you can't find the sample.  Thank you for reading!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@jelizondo,

Your tone is listenable, for sure.  It will grow as you work Ken's program, and you will find many aspects of your voice going through a transformation that will instill more confidence in your singing abilities.

It's good to have you here.  Get comfortable and enjoy the ride.  It's a long journey, but there are rewards along the way.

Your goals are more than possible.  They are just on the horizon and about to begin to come into view.

All the Best.

Bob

• jelizondojelizondo Pro Posts: 4
    Thank you sir, I've had the subscription for a while but I am digging in to all the resources now.  It's both overwhelming, because of the sheer number of resources, and exciting, because of the potential for growth :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Yes, what a luxury to have so much information, so many videos, so many questions answered about how to improve your singing voice!

With KTVA it's not like you watch a few videos and it's all over.  It's like you've barely scratched the surface!

It takes a while for it all to sink in.  It will, just give it time and keep immersing yourself in the information.

: ^)

Bob