Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

PAINKILLER - Judas Priest ft by Ken Tamplin

highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
Please comment and like on YouTube, Like and Share on facebook...   Get the word out    : ^)  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8amDli8cJs

Comments

• CalvinMorrisCalvinMorris Member Posts: 7
    Will check it out tonight :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited May 2015
    I haven't heard the complaints.  I've listened to it many times, and find it to be more dead-on-the-money than Rob Halford, and Rob is no slouch. 

Haters gonna hate.  That's what they do.  That's what they live for.  Sad...

This is a KILLER version of the song.  

Just listen to the notes Ken is hitting in this song.  The haters have been saying he lost his voice back in the '80's...  I don't think so...

I would be happy to listen to the hater's version of a song half as hard to sing as this.

The trolls that make negative comments on Ken's videos are suffering from delusions of grandeur and terrible jealousy.  This video got more than 20,000 views in just a week.  Evidently Somebody seems to think it's pretty good.

: ^)

Bob

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Haters gonna hate, whether they're on facebook or elsewhere.

Often the trolls are the same individuals, whether on facebook, or YouTube.  

: ^)

Bob

• streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    @blondiewales

I think the remarks are referring to how Ken sings it rather than the notes. Ken is belting this out in the upper chest register rather than defaulting to head voice like Rob Halford does.

In my opinion, this makes Ken's own performance much more impressive/athletic. Not only that but beefing it up has made it more listenable, eliminated the need for double/triple tracking and reduced amount of effects needed on the lead vocals.

• rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    It still amazes me what some people will post, and how mean they can be to someone.  They must be a ton of fun at a party... NOT.  But seriously, how angry must one be to waste their time posting crap like that.  What's to gain?  It certainly cannot enhance their lives!
  • wabba_treadswabba_treads Pro Posts: 40
    I think the old adage "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" should be the unwritten law of the internet. Sadly, pathetic people who don't have anything else to do with their time and hide behind a computer screen think they get a free pass and bully people.

Well, SME records for some reason blocked the Painkiller video now on YT. I guess it sounded too close to Rob Halford for comfort XD
  • adrhodesadrhodes Member Posts: 3
    Ken never lost his voice, at least in terms of range, technical ability and versatility. he 's a very capable singer, and he has proved it. It's a shame though that his voice has no depth and it's completely emotionless.
  • adrhodesadrhodes Member Posts: 3
    Definitely Ken has a very good voice, and killer abilities, but he hasn't that "special" voice that would make him a "Rob Halford".
    @adrhodes,

Rob is a great singer, and Ken has never said that he's better than, or even just as good as Rob.

In my opinion, Ken does a killer job on Painkiller. True, he is not Rob Halford, and has never said he is. But, in my opinion, Ken does rock on the tune.

All the Best!
    :^)

Bob
  • kvourtzoumiskvourtzoumis Member Posts: 11
    Great job by Ken at this one. Totally nailed this song. Not many singers can pull this one off live, even the best names.
  • kvourtzoumiskvourtzoumis Member Posts: 11
    @highmtn
    Don't you agree that Rob can't cross the passagio bridge anymore or at least he is stuggling a big time. His base voice is still a killer though.
  • JonnyquickJonnyquick Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 202
    1 word amazing ! glad he will be my teacher