Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Ariana Grande

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9ygQqqL2Q'

It is mostly just goofing off. Skip to 2:05 to hear arguably the best part. Do you guys think this is lip-synced to a pre-recorded, pitch-corrected track, or is actually a legitimate improv effort? I know virtually nothing about this woman.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This is hilarious, and it's great at the same time. They're doing funny impressions of the artists, and they're doing a really good job of imitating the qualities that identify the artists they are impersonating.
    They both did a great job. It's quite possible that the choices were not random, but rather they pretended to not know what would come next. The band was ready to go, and each player had a ready impression as well as knowledge of the song selected.

Even if it was "rigged" in that way, it's still very funny and impressive at the same time.

I don't think any of it was lip-synced or pitch-corrected. I think they are both good singers and good impressionists and the band rocks.

Thanks for sharing. I had a few good laughs.

Bob
  • streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    That was awesome. Jimmy Fallon is a surprise packet. He has a great ear. Always nails his impressions even when they are not musical. He has the ability to really work out the nuance in people's voices. Eddie Murphy was awesome at this too. Ariana Grande is a great singer. Same mold as Mariah, Christina, Celine. I think Ken refers to it as 'Blue eyed Soul'.
  • bindogbindog Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 25
    Just had to add to this... google jimmy singing life on mars... tribute obviously, but damn
  • bindogbindog Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 25
    makes me almost cry overtime, then i watch the vinyl trey songz version, and then bowie himself... i have issues