Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

Sing more powerful with your falsetto or your head voice!

coljacolja Member Posts: 45
I'm 14, and I have a band, and I'm singing a lot of high songs (highway star, ACDC, led zeppelin rock n roll, cinderella don't know what you got...)! I can sing child in time, and get a third higher than the original song, but with falsetto of course! The highest note I have ever hit is g3 but with falsetto! I'm singing the songs on my throat! It sounds a lot like rock n roll, but with falsetto it sounds like a very soft voice! How can you sing with falsetto with more power? Because I know that child in time was sang with falsetto/head voice, but it sounds a lot like throat singing - it has a lot of power! What could I do?

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Hi, @colja!

There isn't a simple, short route to safely singing powerful, high vocals without proper training, and not just any training. You need training that encompasses the entire voice and also includes high, powerful, head voice training.

Ken Tamplin's course includes training for this range, but only after first establishing a strong and proper methodology for singing with the entire voice in general. It takes several months of solid training on Ken's methods before you are ready to be introduced to timbral head voice. Without the previous training to prepare your voice, you would not have the proper techniques that are required as a basis for growing a powerful head voice.

That's why Ken doesn't want students to do the Building Head Voice program until AFTER completing Volumes 1, 2, and 3. Then you will have enough of a foundation in the fundamentals to safely handle the strong head voice that you are talking about.

It's not about tips and secrets. It's about solid foundations and fundamental techniques.

All the Best!

Bob
  • Options
    lespaulmasterlespaulmaster 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Exactly why I snuck in here! Well I more like wanted to see if Ken sang any of Cinderella's songs but I wound up here. Love Philly bands. Heard one yesterday I'd like to make a side project out of as it's beyond me but as I like to say, I ain't scared of nothing!
    Listening to Coming Home yesterday and it seemed like a cool goal. Never ever thought about trying to sing like him. His high screeching voice, head or upper register, whatever you call that style.
    I'm just starting over again and setting the bar high. Could just be me that's high but we'll see.
    I'll put in a request for the song if I don't find it.