Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My Homemade guitar!

Hi guys!

I have been thinking about posting this for a while now and I decided to finally do it haha This is my homemade guitar and I dont have a name for it yet. I did not make the wood or anything because I dont own a shop or anything so I did buy those. I did the staining, soldering, sanding and everything myself. I want to be an artist of my own so I make my own very unique guitars so I can sound distinct!

Lemme know what ya think!

If you guys wanna buy one let me know ahaha I would be totally down to make one for somebody!

I have not done any mics because I dont own anything decent for guitar yet. I am yet to buy an SM57. I plan on making another. I might try an SM58 or one of my drum mics but Il have to see.

Thanks guys!

Be critical. If you have anything to say please dont hold back :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 11,525Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Nice tone. What pickups are you using?
  • JoshBJoshB Posts: 100Pro
    That would be a Duncon 59! :) I would like to experiment with more and possibly wind my own but a lot of the sound comes from the way the guitar is built. The neck and body combination do a lot! Even some of the setup I did on it is deliberately tinkered with just for a certain tone.

I just did the standard EVH style. One pickup and one volume! I should show off my Tele one of these days! :D
  • kaulferskaulfers Posts: 298Pro
    @JoshB,

Cool man, next time you're building one document with some pictures along the way. You'll get a lot more people insterested. Seems to be a thing.

Sounds good.
    Thanks man! I think I might actually have some I can put on. Let take a look!
    Here is one of the body before the staining. A quick story about the marks in behind the bridge. It was actually a mistake! I was dumb and thought I was done staining so I dropped the cloth and sat back to take a look and saw the flame marks. Most of the riffs I make on guitar are mistakes I make sometimes when I play that I just happen to like. So I thought that was a very cool artistic scene and it could remind me about mistakes and how things happen when I play music. I thought it was really really cool and had a good meaning to it so I just left it like that.

Enough rambling! Here is a photo of the body before the stain.

http://imgur.com/TCPub2U